Author Topic: Speculation of No Labels third party presidential ticket soars as Manchin to appear at centrist grou  (Read 419 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
So, if he runs third party, will he ultimately help the GOP or the DEMS?

Speculation of No Labels third party presidential ticket soars as Manchin to appear at centrist group's confab

The founding co-chair of No Labels says it’s not a done deal that the centrist group will sport a bipartisan, third-party presidential ticket, if President Biden and former President Donald Trump are the major party nominees in the 2024 election.

"We haven’t decided to run a ticket. It’s not even clear that if it ends up being Trump and Biden, as it looks like it will now, that we’ll do that," former Sen. Joe Lieberman of Connecticut said in an interview with Fox News Digital ahead of No Labels town hall Monday in New Hampshire where the group will formally unveil its policy platform.

But speculation is mounting about a third-party ticket following last week’s announcement by No Labels that moderate Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia would serve as an honorary co-host of the group’s "Common Sense" town hall, which will take place at the New Hampshire Institute of Politics at Saint Anselm College in Manchester.

Manchin, who often clashes with his party’s progressive wing, Senate leadership and the White House, has yet to announce whether he will seek another six-year term in the Senate in 2024 in a state that’s turned dark red in recent years. He’s also refused to shut down speculation about a possible presidential run. ................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/speculation-no-labels-third-party-presidential-ticket-soars-manchin-appear-centrist-groups-summit
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mountaineer

No Labels puts its cards on the table
July 19, 2023 | 6:21 pm
Oliver Wiseman
The centrist group No Labels held a coming out party for itself in New Hampshire this week. In an event at St. Anselm College — a regular stop for presidential hopefuls — West Virginia senator Joe Manchin and former Utah governor Jon Huntsman talked up the prospects of a third-party run and the market for a ticket that appeals to the exasperated and underserved middle ground of American politics.

Meanwhile, No Labels is getting more specific about what its approach to 2024 will be. Until this week, the group had been noncommittal about exactly which Democratic and Republican candidates it would challenge, and when it would make a call on entering the race. Now No Labels has stated its position: if by Super Tuesday (March 5) it is clear that 2024 will be a Biden-Trump rematch, the group will gauge public appetite for an alternative and select a Republican-Democratic ticket at a convention in Dallas in April.

The loudest criticism of the well-funded No Labels challenge comes from supporters of the incumbent president, the assumption being that he stands the most to lose from the presence of a moderate alternative in the race.

In an interview on Sunday, No Labels co-founder (and former senator) Joe Lieberman addressed this charge. “We’re not in this to be spoilers,” he said. “If the polling next year shows, after the two parties have chosen their nominees, that in fact we will help elect one or another candidate, we’re not going to get involved.”  ...

A better answer from Lieberman would have been to simply state what plenty of voters believe: that neither Joe Biden nor Donald Trump are fit for the job, that he and his No Labels colleagues are simply offering voters the alternative they deserve, and that what happens next is up to the American people. Without that kind of straight talking, I suspect No Labels will soon come unstuck.

Much — including whether they do more damage to Trump or Biden — depends on who ends up fronting the No Labels bid. For now, the organization is making all the right people nervous. Whatever happens next year, No Labels could at least focus minds in the near term, reminding both sides of the lack of enthusiasm with which most of the country views the two men most likely to end up as the party’s nominees.  ...
The Spectator

I have no doubt this group's aim is to do more damage to Trump. Seriously, Joe Manchin (and probably Lieberman, too) will never do diddly squat to damage another Democrat. They are not "no labels." They're disingenuous.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

No Labels puts its cards on the table
July 19, 2023 | 6:21 pm
Oliver WisemanThe Spectator

I have no doubt this group's aim is to do more damage to Trump. Seriously, Joe Manchin (and probably Lieberman, too) will never do diddly squat to damage another Democrat. They are not "no labels." They're disingenuous.

Then perhaps the GOP should consider nominating someone other than Trump?

Online mountaineer

Then perhaps the GOP should consider nominating someone other than Trump?
We all can draw our own conclusions about that. The bottom line is that this group most likely is not "no labels," but hidden labels. And the label is DNC. I suspect they'd challenge any Republican, not just Trump.

Offline Kamaji

We all can draw our own conclusions about that. The bottom line is that this group most likely is not "no labels," but hidden labels. And the label is DNC. I suspect they'd challenge any Republican, not just Trump.

Then why the concern that they're after Trump?

Online mountaineer

Then why the concern that they're after Trump?
I'm not "concerned" they're after Trump, specifically. They will be after whomever the Republicans nominate - thus disproving their "nonpartisan" nature.

Offline ScottinVA

“The founding co-chair of No Labels says it’s not a done deal that the centrist group will sport a bipartisan, third-party presidential ticket”

When the DNC check clears, they’ll shut down operations.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
“The founding co-chair of No Labels says it’s not a done deal that the centrist group will sport a bipartisan, third-party presidential ticket”

Very likely.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

They've been around since 2010.