General Category > Health/Education

Wake Forest backs student who tweeted about injuring patient after pronoun pin conflict

(1/1)

PeteS in CA:
Wake Forest backs student who tweeted about injuring patient after pronoun pin conflict

https://campusreform.org/article?id=19367

--- Quote ---Wake Forest School of Medicine is taking the side of a fourth-year medical student who boasted on Twitter about failing to draw a patient's blood after the individual made a joke about her pronoun pin.

"I had a patient I was doing a blood draw on see my pronoun pin and loudly laugh to the staff, 'She/Her? Well of course it is! What other pronouns even are there? It?," wrote Kychelle Del Rosario.

She continued, "I missed his vein so he had to get stuck twice."
--- End quote ---

OK, the joke was dumb, and the patient has a mouth-control problem. The proper professional response would have been to get the blood draw over with as quickly as possible and move on. What the student did was retaliation that calls into serious question his/her/its ability to act professionally in any tense situation. Woke Forest accepted a lame, you-can't-prove-otherwise, excuse and defended the indefensible. Unsurprisingly.

Kamaji:

--- Quote ---She continued, "I missed his vein so he had to get stuck twice."

--- End quote ---

So she committed an intentional assault.  The patient should file a criminal complaint against this individual, as well as a civil lawsuit for damages.

Free Vulcan:
You will hold to the doctrine heretic, or you will be punished.

mountaineer:
UPDATE Feb. 27, 2024

Ben Shapiro
@benshapiro
1/ DEI in medicine means that even if doctors injure patients, they might still be protected (even promoted). It means that top hospitals are abandoning key metrics when hiring surgeons. And it means research by whites may be disregarded. Here’s what I've found… 🧵

2/ Sources tell me Wake Forest Medical School is about to graduate Kychelle Del Rosario – the med student who injured a conservative patient and bragged about it. Wake Forest allowed Rosario to lay low and take a voluntary leave of absence when this scandal broke.

3/ I’m also told that UPenn Health has hired Ewen Liu, Del Rosario’s classmate who said it “seemed ‘karma-tic’” when she injured the patient who mocked her pronoun pin. Wake Forest showered Liu with awards for excellence in patient care, and she now focuses on “LGBTQ+ Health.”  ...

Thread:
--- End quote ---

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1762195998510563436

Smokin Joe:
Just when you might have started to trust the medical profession (a little bit) again...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version