Author Topic: Search and Rescue Stats Highlight Humanitarian Disaster at the Border  (Read 151 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Search and Rescue Stats Highlight Humanitarian Disaster at the Border
Don’t believe the admin’s yammer — Biden’s border is dangerous, chaotic, and cruel

By Andrew R. Arthur on July 17, 2023
If you read CBP’s sunny and upbeat May 2023 Monthly Operational Update, you’d conclude that things are hunky-dory at the Southwest border. Start with the line: “CBP has been executing the Department’s comprehensive plan to secure our borders and build a safe, orderly, and humane immigration system.” Is it really “safe, orderly, and humane”, though? Because the agency’s search and rescue statistics tell a much darker story, which you can read thanks to an internet archive called the “Wayback Machine”.

Biden’s Record Illegal Migrant Surge, and Its National Security Implications. To understand those statistics, however, you must first understand just how many migrants are entering the United States now.

Border Patrol apprehensions — universally accepted as the best marker for illegal alien entries at the Southwest border — hit new records in both FY 2021 (nearly 1.66 million) and again in FY 2022 (more than 2.2 million). In the first eight months of FY 2023, more than 1.4 million aliens have been caught entering illegally at the Southwest border line.

While CBP’s apprehension stats are the “best marker for illegal entries”, they don’t tell the whole story, and especially don’t under the Biden administration. That’s because — by definition — they don’t include “got-aways”, aliens who cross the Southwest border illegally who aren’t apprehended.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Search-and-Rescue-Stats-Highlight-Humanitarian-Disaster-Border
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson