Author Topic: Bizarre Tale: Three Air Forces Rescue Aliens Moving Illegally from One Part of the U.S. to Another  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bizarre Tale: Three Air Forces Rescue Aliens Moving Illegally from One Part of the U.S. to Another

By David North on July 17, 2023
This is an odd story of how three nations’ air forces combined to rescue 11 aliens who were seeking to move illegally from one part of the U.S. to another.

Typically, illegal aliens come into the U.S. from a foreign nation; but out in the far western Pacific, where somewhat different versions of the immigration laws apply to Guam (those of the Mainland) and to the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands (different ones) it is possible for an alien to be legally present in the CNMI but an illegal on nearby Guam.

Last week 11 aliens, all from China, all of whom had been legally present in CNMI at one time, but no longer, decided to travel from CNMI on a 20-foot boat to Guam; had they landed on Guam it would have been an illegal entry, but a storm intervened, and they called for help.

First a CNMI rescue boat sought to save them, but just as the Commonwealth’s government is routinely inept, the rescue effort failed. Next, the U.S. Coast Guard got into the act, calling on all ships and planes to look out for the endangered boat; the first to see it was a French Air Force plane, presumably based on Guam. It circled the boat for a while but soon was in danger of running out of fuel.

https://cis.org/North/Bizarre-Tale-Three-Air-Forces-Rescue-Aliens-Moving-Illegally-One-Part-US-Another
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji