Author Topic: Gilgo Beach suspect Rex Heuermann’s estranged wife breaks silence on ‘sheer depression of what I saw  (Read 262 times)

Offline Kamaji

Gilgo Beach suspect Rex Heuermann’s estranged wife breaks silence on ‘sheer depression of what I saw’

By Emily Crane
July 28, 2023

The estranged wife of accused Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann broke her silence Friday as she alluded to the depression and trauma she has been subjected to in the wake of his shocking arrest.

Asa Ellerup, who filed for divorce earlier this month, was spotted outside the couple’s Massapequa Park home early Friday for the second day running, after investigators ended an exhaustive search of the property.

“If you want to take pictures, go ahead. I’m OK with it now,” she told reporters, according to the Daily Mail. “If you want to stand up here and wait for something. I have a lot of work to do.”

“The sheer depression of what I saw was enough trauma,” Ellerup continued.

It wasn’t immediately clear what Heuermann’s estranged wife was referring to.

When asked by a reporter Friday afternoon if she would be interested in a GoFundMe page that one of her friends had apparently been trying to set up for her, Ellerup responded: “Yeah … it would be very helpful.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/28/gilgo-beach-suspect-rex-heuermanns-estranged-wife-breaks-her-silence/