Author Topic: DeSantis: ‘I Don’t Do Insults — I Have No Interest in Attacking Donald Trump’  (Read 219 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DeSantis: ‘I Don’t Do Insults — I Have No Interest in Attacking Donald Trump’

Jeff Poor 16 Jul 2023

During an appearance on this week’s broadcast of FNC’s “MediaBuzz,” Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), a candidate for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, denied a claim made by his primary opponent, former Gov. Chris Christie’s (R-NJ).

Christie said DeSantis and the other GOP primary competitors “just dance around” out of fear of offending former President Donald Trump and his supporters.

DeSantis told Fox News Channel’s Howie Kurtz that he was not looking to engage in an “insult game” with Trump.

“I don’t do insults. So, that is true. I think just getting in this insult game turns voters off. It’s not something I want to do. Substantively, we’ve been very frank about our differences with respect to the former president. I mean, for example, he promised to drain the swamp, it got worse. He did not drain the swamp. He promised to build — have Mexico pay for a border wall. They did like 50 miles of wall. There’s massive expansive still there. He said he was going to eliminate the national debt. They added almost $8 trillion to the debt in four years.”

“And, of course, in 2020, he turned the country over to Dr. Fauci, and there was lockdowns, and the borrowing and printing really sent us on a bad course. I’ve been very, very frank at that, but I have no interest in attacking Donald Trump or any of these other candidates personally. I think we’ve got to rise above that, and let’s focus on the issues.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/07/16/desantis-i-dont-do-insults-i-have-no-interest-in-attacking-donald-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Criticize policies and actions, not personalities.  Gee, what a novel concept....

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Criticize policies and actions, not personalities.  Gee, what a novel concept....

Agreed.  We've had enough of the shenanigans, let's get down to the issues.

Christie and Trump are the ones the want to 'dance around' - let them and I hope they both self destruct.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.