Author Topic: DeSantis discusses trailing Trump in Republican primary race  (Read 976 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DeSantis discusses trailing Trump in Republican primary race
by Asher Notheis, Social Media Producer |
July 16, 2023 12:27 PM

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) has responded to questions over recent polls showing him falling behind former President Donald Trump, stating he is not worried about his current place in the polls.

The polling from the last few weeks shows Trump far ahead of the Florida governor, with some data even showing the former president having twice the support of DeSantis. When asked if all this "doom and gloom" was impacting his presidential campaign, DeSantis responded with "not at all," adding that one could see "an effort to create these narratives" during an interview on Fox News's Media Buzz.

"I think the good thing about it is Republican primary voters are very smart," said DeSantis. "They know where these corporate outlets stand on the political spectrum, and so the extent that they become convinced that the media does not want me to be the nominee above all else, that will, in the long run, absolutely help me."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/desantis-discusses-trailing-trump-republican-primary-race
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: DeSantis discusses trailing Trump in Republican primary race
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 06:13:59 pm »
Nothing to see here..don't pay attention to all the 2024 campaign staffer I just fired..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2023, 06:17:47 pm »
One advantage that DeSantis has is that Trump already thinks that he's won the nomination and that is working against him.  He's become more narcissistic than before and IMO starting to make excuses for his shortcomings.  Whereas DeSantis' record is clean and impressive.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2023, 06:40:24 pm »
One advantage that DeSantis has is that Trump already thinks that he's won the nomination and that is working against him.  He's become more narcissistic than before and IMO starting to make excuses for his shortcomings.  Whereas DeSantis' record is clean and impressive.

I think Trump's attacks on DeSantis has worked... :crying:
Support the USO

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2023, 06:45:16 pm »
The only poll that matters is how DeSantis is doing in Iowa. The fact that there has been no movement there should be most disconcerting. He needs to focus on Iowa, delegate the planning of a national campaign to others. He must plant his ass in Iowa, run a good old fashioned retail campaign, and win there. If he does not do that, he cannot win.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2023, 06:52:06 pm »
The only poll that matters is how DeSantis is doing in Iowa. The fact that there has been no movement there should be most disconcerting. He needs to focus on Iowa, delegate the planning of a national campaign to others. He must plant his ass in Iowa, run a good old fashioned retail campaign, and win there. If he does not do that, he cannot win.

See! There are things we still agree on! Might not work but that is what must be done.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2023, 07:00:36 pm »
See! There are things we still agree on! Might not work but that is what must be done.

:beer:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2023, 08:29:23 pm »
He must plant his ass in Iowa, run a good old fashioned retail campaign, and win there. If he does not do that, he cannot win.

Except, according to reports from friend and foe, the more he is seen the less appealing he is.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,505745.0.html

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2023, 08:31:23 pm »
I think Trump's attacks on DeSantis has worked... :crying:

Perhaps.  We'll know soon enough.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2023, 08:34:07 pm »

Yes, he needs to win Iowa., that's a given. He also has his duties as governor,  first and foremost.  He has quite a bit on his plate.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2023, 08:37:21 pm »
The only poll that matters is how DeSantis is doing in Iowa. 

@massadvj

Yup.

At this point,his whole political future lies  in Iowa. If he tanks there,he might as well go back to Fla and start looking for a spot at a Fla university once his term is up,because his political career will be over.

Oh,he CAN run again,but he won't be getting any  serious donations.

He got greedy,and went looking for too much,too soon.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2023, 08:39:13 pm »
Except, according to reports from friend and foe, the more he is seen the less appealing he is.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,505745.0.html

@Right_in_Virginia

That changes nothing. If he runs and loses,which he WILL if he doesn't win Iowa,his political career ends as the governor of Fla.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2023, 08:41:45 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

That changes nothing. If he runs and loses,which he WILL if he doesn't win Iowa,his political career ends as the governor of Fla.

Doubtful.  He is a very popular and successful governor.  He can run again in '28. He's young and saying that his political career is over is premature.

Frankly, I'd love for him to remain our governor, we and the country need him.  The only problem is there is no other true conservative running. 
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 08:42:50 pm by libertybele »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2023, 08:42:20 pm »
Reagan failed to get the nomination in 1976 but got it in 1980. If in the likely event he’s not the 2024 nominee it’s possible he could be in 2028.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2023, 08:52:37 pm »
Reagan failed to get the nomination in 1976 but got it in 1980. If in the likely event he’s not the 2024 nominee it’s possible he could be in 2028.

@LMAO

True,but Reagan was likeable.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2023, 08:55:54 pm »
@LMAO

True,but Reagan was likeable.

Well, @sneakypete DeSantis is a very likeable guy; people in FL love him!

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2023, 09:19:58 pm »

His campaign problems are compounded by his personality ---- which is "off" in an uneasy, off-putting way.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2023, 10:17:38 pm »

From the speeches I’ve seen, he looks uncomfortable

Side note: We’ve been told for the last several years that Trumps personality and likeability amongst the public at large shouldn’t matter. Now all of a sudden it matters?

« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 10:20:18 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2023, 10:20:49 pm »
From the speeches I’ve seen, he looks uncomfortable

Side note: We’ve been told for the last several years that Trumps personality and likeability amongst the public at large shouldn’t matter. Now all of a sudden it matters?

I guess hypocrisy is a MAGA requirement

@LMAO

Trump never looks panicked,and DeSantis always seems to  look like he is panicking.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 10:21:43 pm by sneakypete »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2023, 10:42:26 pm »
@LMAO

Trump never looks panicked,and DeSantis always seems to  look like he is panicking.

Certainly your opinion, but I've never been of  the opinion that DeSantis is panicking.  Quite the opposite.  He comes across calm and in control; he's been a success and in part that is why.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2023, 10:46:19 pm »
Certainly your opinion, but I've never been of  the opinion that DeSantis is panicking.  Quite the opposite.  He comes across calm and in control; he's been a success and in part that is why.

@libertybele

You honestly haven't seen the videos of him making speeches,and sweating like a whore in church?

He usually seems to have a look of desperation on his face.

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2023, 10:50:27 pm »

No, he doesn't.  If RDS was calm and in control he could enter a room without his wife.   :laugh:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2023, 11:12:42 pm »
@libertybele

You honestly haven't seen the videos of him making speeches,and sweating like a whore in church?

He usually seems to have a look of desperation on his face.

@sneakypete it's hot here in FL, and as far as sweating like a whore in church and desperation on his face.  No.

Have I seen him roll up his sleeves on a hot day and get to work?  Yes.  Have I seen the confidence on his face that he will accomplish what he set out to do.  Yes.  That's a longways from your description.  :laugh:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2023, 12:11:20 am »
@sneakypete it's hot here in FL, and as far as sweating like a whore in church and desperation on his face.  No.

Have I seen him roll up his sleeves on a hot day and get to work?  Yes.  Have I seen the confidence on his face that he will accomplish what he set out to do.  Yes.  That's a longways from your description.  :laugh:

@libertybele

Well,you are seeing one thing,and I am seeing another.

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2023, 12:12:36 am »
@libertybele

He is one unusual dude @sneakypete

Video resurfaces of Ron DeSantis ‘wiping snot’ on elderly supporter
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/ron-desantis-snot-video-iowa-b2345854.html