Author Topic: Trump: First Term ‘Mistake’ Was Some of the People I Picked for My Cabinet  (Read 509 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: First Term ‘Mistake’ Was Some of the People I Picked for My Cabinet

Pam Key 16 Jul 2023

Former President Donald Trump said on this week’s broadcast of “Sunday Morning Futures” that the only mistake he made during his time in office was some of the people he picked to serve in his cabinet.

Anchor Maria Bartiromo asked, “Is there is anything you could look back on in 16 that you think maybe you want to do differently?”

Trump said, “The mistake would be people. I mean, I wouldn’t have put a guy like Bill Barr, and he was weak and pathetic. I wouldn’t have put Jeff Sessions. And there are some people that I wouldn’t have put in. You know, most people were good, but I had some people, we had Esper. I didn’t like him. He was incompetent. I thought we had other people I didn’t like.”

Bartiromo asked, “Why did you put them in the job then?”

Trump said, “You put somebody in, and you think they are good.”

He added, “All of a sudden, I’m the president of the United States, and it’s like a different society. I was New York, and, you know, it was a different thing. So I didn’t know people. I became president. I’m riding down Pennsylvania Avenue with our first lady. I had 250 motorcycles. I had armies. I had everything. I said, do you believe it? We’re president. Take a look. This is wild, right? But I never was involved in that.”

Bartiromo said, “So you didn’t know what to expect.”

Trump said, “Well, I didn’t know the people. I know the people now better than anybody has ever known. The people I know, the good ones, the bad ones, the dumb ones, the smart ones.”

But Bartiromo said, “You didn’t drain the swamp like you said you would.”

Trump said, “I did,” he replied. “I fired Comey. I fired a lot of people. A lot of the people I had, I fired. I fired Comey very early. And, you know, there was a question as to whether or not you could. But I fired Comey. If I didn’t fire Comey, I don’t think I would have been able to serve out my term because that was a plot.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/07/16/trump-first-term-mistake-was-some-of-the-people-i-picked-for-my-cabinet/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

It's obvious to those not addicted to your Orange koolaid that you haven't learned $hit wrt your recent endorsements of McDaniels and McCarthy.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

It's obvious to those not addicted to your Orange koolaid that you haven't learned $hit wrt your recent endorsements of McDaniels and McCarthy.

Exactly.

Online Hoodat

Trump said, “The mistake would be people. I mean, I wouldn’t have put a guy like Bill Barr, and he was weak and pathetic. I wouldn’t have put Jeff Sessions. And there are some people that I wouldn’t have put in. You know, most people were good, but I had some people, we had Esper. I didn’t like him. He was incompetent. I thought we had other people I didn’t like.”

Bartiromo asked, “Why did you put them in the job then?”

Trump said, “You put somebody in, and you think they are good.”

The biggest takeaway for me here is that Trump wasn't the problem.  The problem was all his lying-ass sycophants harping on for months on end (and continue to this day) that Trump would "drain the Swamp".  Trump was never a 'drain the Swamp' guy.  Never has been.  Never will be.

At some point in late 2015 or early 2016, the 'drain the Swamp' meme popped up.  Trump never said it.  But you heard the term repeated ad nauseum throughout the campaign.  January passed.  Then February.  March, April, May.  The RNC Convention in late summer.  August.  September.  And then half way through October, Trump finally mentioned for the very first time those magical words 'Drain the Swamp'.  It is this deception that irks me more than anything - the repeated lies of his most zealous supporters.

And here we are almost seven years later - four of which provided undeniable proof that Trump had no intention of draining the Swamp.  And now he openly admits it.  Yet his loyal sycophants are still out there claiming that Trump will turn Washington upside down in 2025 if he gets elected - the same Trump surgically attached to Ronna McDaniel.  Enough with the lies!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The biggest takeaway for me here is that Trump wasn't the problem.  The problem was all his lying-ass sycophants harping on for months on end (and continue to this day) that Trump would "drain the Swamp".  Trump was never a 'drain the Swamp' guy.  Never has been.  Never will be.

At some point in late 2015 or early 2016, the 'drain the Swamp' meme popped up.  Trump never said it.  But you heard the term repeated ad nauseum throughout the campaign.  January passed.  Then February.  March, April, May.  The RNC Convention in late summer.  August.  September.  And then half way through October, Trump finally mentioned for the very first time those magical words 'Drain the Swamp'.  It is this deception that irks me more than anything - the repeated lies of his most zealous supporters.

And here we are almost seven years later - four of which provided undeniable proof that Trump had no intention of draining the Swamp.  And now he openly admits it.  Yet his loyal sycophants are still out there claiming that Trump will turn Washington upside down in 2025 if he gets elected - the same Trump surgically attached to Ronna McDaniel.  Enough with the lies!

Whether or not that is true @Hoodat he sure as hell flushed a lot more of them out into the open than any president in my lifetime. That alone is enough for me to give him strong consideration for another term.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Trump does not want to drain the swamp. He wants to be king of the swamp. The worst scenario for him would be to make the swamp smaller, because that would diminish his power. Power and recognition are everything to the guy, and to his supporters. As far as I can tell, many of his supporters don't really want to drain the swamp, either. They want to force all the swamp creatures to bow down to their cult leader. That would give them much more pleasure than doing the hard job of dismantling a corrupt and tyrannical system.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Whether or not that is true @Hoodat he sure as hell flushed a lot more of them out into the open than any president in my lifetime. That alone is enough for me to give him strong consideration for another term.

Seriously? He may have talked a good game. But follow the money, Earl.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Trump does not want to drain the swamp. He wants to be king of the swamp. The worst scenario for him would be to make the swamp smaller, because that would diminish his power. Power and recognition are everything to the guy, and to his supporters. As far as I can tell, many of his supporters don't really want to drain the swamp, either. They want to force all the swamp creatures to bow down to their cult leader. That would give them much more pleasure than doing the hard job of dismantling a corrupt and tyrannical system.

I respectfully disagree with you here @massadvj

I think there are many millions who genuinely want that damned swamp drained and who are doing everything they know how to get it done. I count myself as being among that group.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I respectfully disagree with you here @massadvj

I think there are many millions who genuinely want that damned swamp drained and who are doing everything they know how to get it done. I count myself as being among that group.

I agree there are many decent conservatives in the Trump camp, including you. And there are a few things, such as his SCOTUS nominations, that justify it. But if you support Trump because you support smaller government, I am afraid there is nothing in his record to indicate that Trump supports smaller government. Quite the contrary.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Seriously? He may have talked a good game. But follow the money, Earl.

How much of that was already baked in the cake before Trump ever set foot in the WH Victor? How much more was added by the contrived COVID episode?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

Whether or not that is true @Hoodat he sure as hell flushed a lot more of them out into the open than any president in my lifetime.

The Reince Priebuses, Jeff Sessions, and Mitch McConnells, Mike Pences, Bill Barrs, Elaine Ciaos, etc. of the world were already out in the open.  Trump didn't flush them out.  Trump hired them and gave them more power.  And McConnell?  He was on his way out in 2014, about to be tossed onto the ash heap of Swamp history.  Yet it was Donald Trump who came to his rescue, saving his political career.  Out in the open, you say?  Seriously, you couldn't see that Mitch McConnell wasn't a Swamp rat already?  Please.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

I am afraid there is nothing in his record to indicate that Trump supports smaller government. Quite the contrary.

Word.

Online Hoodat

I think there are many millions who genuinely want that damned swamp drained and who are doing everything they know how to get it done. [/size]

The best start to draining the Swamp is to stop supporting the one who empowers them.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
How much of that was already baked in the cake before Trump ever set foot in the WH Victor? How much more was added by the contrived COVID episode?

Does that matter?  Covid was the last year, and I did not like his COVID giveaways, either. I repeat. There is zero evidence that Trump wants to limit the size and growth of government. He has a record. Either you judge politicians based on what hey say, or you judge them on what they do. I have always been in the latter camp.

If a Democrat had spent $500 billion ($150 billion fraudulent) to pay people to do nothing, we would be up in arms. We should be holding Republicans to higher standards than Democrats, not lower standards.

The Trump fiscal record was pathetic.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I agree there are many decent conservatives in the Trump camp, including you. And there are a few things, such as his SCOTUS nominations, that justify it. But if you support Trump because you support smaller government, I am afraid there is nothing in his record to indicate that Trump supports smaller government. Quite the contrary.

I have not yet made any determinations as to who will get my vote in the primary next year, but I can tell you that the more the persecute Trump the more inclined I become to vote for him.

All that ignores any fiscal policy concerns that will enter into my final decision.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
I have not yet made any determinations as to who will get my vote in the primary next year, but I can tell you that the more the persecute Trump the more inclined I become to vote for him.

All that ignores any fiscal policy concerns that will enter into my final decision.

I respect your decision whatever you decide. I hope you also enter into the calculations the way Trump trashes everyone who does not bow down to him, including the sitting governor of Iowa, Kayleigh McEnany and so many others. He gives as good as he gets in terms of inter-party persecution.

As far as Democrat persecution toward Trump, it seems pretty obvious that you are getting played.  They want you to feel sympathy for him because they want him as the nominee.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I respect your decision whatever you decide. I hope you also enter into the calculations the way Trump trashes everyone who does not bow down to him, including the sitting governor of Iowa, Kayleigh McEnany and so many others. He gives as good as he gets in terms of inter-party persecution.

As far as Democrat persecution toward Trump, it seems pretty obvious that you are getting played.  They want you to feel sympathy for him because they want him as the nominee.

If it were just Dem persecution but it isn't. Good ole Mitch and associates are right in there with them.

I'm paying attention all the time. I'm human and thus might miss a few things but it won't be much.

I have said this from day one and will repeat it here again. Trump needs to learn when to keep his damned mouth shut!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 06:42:18 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

Accurate
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup: