Author Topic: Chris Wallace Straight-Up Asks RNC Chair Is She Cool With ‘Nominating A Convicted Felon’ In Trump  (Read 981 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Chris Wallace Straight-Up Asks RNC Chair Is She Cool With ‘Nominating A Convicted Felon’ In Trump
Story by Tommy Christopher •

CNN anchor Chris Wallace bluntly asked RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel if she’s comfortable with “the Republican Party nominating a convicted felon?”

On this week’s episodes of Wallace’s Max/CNN series Who’s Talking to Chris Wallace, Wallace interviewed McDaniel, as well as Hollywood superstar Goldie Hawn.

In one of many memorable exchanges, Wallace asked McDaniel if she has a problem with the GOP “nominating somebody who’s under federal indictment” (she expressed openness to that) and then asked the natural follow-up for a race in which ex-President Donald Trump is the frontrunner — “Do you have any problem with the Republican Party nominating a convicted felon?”:

CHRIS WALLACE: Let me ask you a question. Do you have any problem with the Republican Party nominating somebody who’s under federal indictment?

RONNA MCDANIEL: I think the presumption of innocence stands. And I think there’s a lot of Republicans who are very troubled.

At the end of the day, Chris, though, it’s not up to me. It’s up to the voters. They’re going to make their decision. They’re going to hear this and they’re going to decide if this is an issue for them come November or come the primary process.

I’m not seeing this in the polling right now creating an issue.

CHRIS WALLACE: Do you have any problem with the Republican Party nominating a convicted felon?

RONNA MCDANIEL: That’s hypothetical. We’re not even close to that. So I don’t think we’re even there…

CHRIS WALLACE: Well, I understand that.

RONNA MCDANIEL: I get the, I understand this trap of, well, what if this happens? I think a lot of people are very concerned. Republicans especially, I hear this every day. Why is there one side of justice for Hillary Clinton, a different one from Donald Trump, different for Hunter Biden?

video at link
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/chris-wallace-straight-up-asks-rnc-chair-is-she-cool-with-nominating-a-convicted-felon-in-trump/ar-AA1dVTQs?cvid=bbac29a2945a4ad18f65188ab8525f83&ocid=winp2fptaskbarhover&ei=20
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Doesn’t he have to be convicted first before being declared a convicted felon  *hmmmm*
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Doesn’t he have to be convicted first before being declared a convicted felon  *hmmmm*

It's a valid question to ask before the choice has to be made.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
How much weight does the Justice System have anymore? They can put you in prison for so little these days...

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
If being indicted helps Trump, which it has, then being convicted would probably help him even more, particularly if he is convicted by a heavily partisan jury.

Offline Kamaji

If being indicted helps Trump, which it has, then being convicted would probably help him even more, particularly if he is convicted by a heavily partisan jury.

It will certainly help him in the primary, but not in the general election, which is what the dems/libs/progs are counting on.

Offline libertybele

I see that question as way out of line.  Trump is not a felon.  He has NOT been convicted and found guilty!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

It will certainly help him in the primary, but not in the general election, which is what the dems/libs/progs are counting on.

Yup
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

I see that question as way out of line.  Trump is not a felon.  He has NOT been convicted and found guilty!

And what if he is?  It's a legitimate question to ask the chair of the political party that is likely to nominate Trump.

Offline LMAO

And what if he is?  It's a legitimate question to ask the chair of the political party that is likely to nominate Trump.

A better way to ask the question would have been to ask if she would be cool nominating Trump if he is convicted.

Barry Goldwater

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Yes. Agree.

Offline Kamaji

A better way to ask the question would have been to ask if she would be cool nominating Trump if he is convicted.

Tomato, Tomahto.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sock puppet (Chris Wallace) says what?

Who gives a $%*t?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline cato potatoe

What if he’s obviously guilty of obstruction, among other things, but a MAGA juror in FL refuses to hold him accountable.  The general public might give the side eye to the whole party.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
What if he’s obviously guilty of obstruction, among other things, but a MAGA juror in FL refuses to hold him accountable.  The general public might give the side eye to the whole party.

I seriously doubt either trial will happen before November, 2024. Trump's legal team can easily run out the clock, even if he loses every motion to delay, in every venue. The constitutional questions justify a SCOTUS review, and that simply cannot happen in time.

Everyone knows this, and everyone knew it before there were any indictments. So this is almost purely political theater.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 07:22:01 pm by massadvj »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
OK.
So we should ask the Democrats if they don't care about nominating a corrupt traitor in the pocket of China, with a criminal crackhead son. It's a legitimate question to ask the chair of the political party that is likely to nominate China-Joe.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

OK.
So we should ask the Democrats if they don't care about nominating a corrupt traitor in the pocket of China, with a criminal crackhead son. It's a legitimate question to ask the chair of the political party that is likely to nominate China-Joe.

Your question was answered in 2020. They don’t care

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

OK.

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

OK.

Go right ahead.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

I seriously doubt either trial will happen before November, 2024. Trump's legal team can easily run out the clock, even if he loses every motion to delay, in every venue. The constitutional questions justify a SCOTUS review, and that simply cannot happen in time.

Everyone knows this, and everyone knew it before there were any indictments. So this is almost purely political theater.

Almost without fail, if he is nominated, the trial will progress in the summer before the election with the predictable verdict in the late fall...

BECAUSE it is political theater.

Offline Kamaji

It's very unlikely that decisions on motions or other interlocutory orders would get immediate appellate court review, let alone Supreme Court review.  The appellate courts, including the Supreme Court, will generally expect objections to interlocutory orders to be preserved for review, and will wait for a final decision on the merits.

I'm not saying it's not impossible; I am saying it's very unlikely.

Offline cato potatoe

Seems as though Judge Cannon will have an emptier calendar over the next 4-6 weeks, since a couple of Medicare fraud cases were pled out and the other delayed until September.  Will it speed things along?  Maybe not, but it can’t hurt. 

Donald lost his attempt to throw out the Georgia case.  He’s a pro at losing in Georgia.  Fani Willis about to drop the hammer.  Tick tock tick tock. 
 :2popcorn:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Wait!

Trump is a convicted felon?

When did this happen?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!