Author Topic: Trump calls RFK Jr. ‘a very smart person’  (Read 410 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump calls RFK Jr. ‘a very smart person’
« on: July 16, 2023, 05:53:09 pm »
 Trump calls RFK Jr. ‘a very smart person’
by Brett Samuels - 07/16/23 10:28 AM ET

Former President Trump in a new interview praised Robert F. Kennedy Jr. as a “very smart person” as the Democratic presidential candidate has courted controversy with comments about vaccines and the war in Ukraine.

“He’s a very smart person. I know a lot of the members of that family, and he’s a very smart guy. And he’s hit a little bit of a nerve. And a lot of Democrats I know want to vote for him,” Trump said in an interview on “Sunday Morning Futures” broadcast on Fox News.

Kennedy, who announced his campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination earlier this year, has garnered significant media attention as he polled in double digits in several surveys after launching his 2024 bid.

But the son of the late Robert F. Kennedy has been at the center of controversy in recent days, particularly over his comments about the COVID-19 vaccine, which he claimed was “ethnically targeted” to attack “certain races disproportionately.”

“COVID-19 attacks certain races disproportionately,” Kennedy said in a video obtained by the New York Post. “COVID-19 is targeted to attack Caucasians and Black people. The people who are most immune are Ashkenazi Jews and Chinese.”

Several lawmakers and Jewish groups slammed the long shot Democratic candidate over the remarks on Saturday.

Trump, who has indicated he won’t participate in the Republican primary debate next month, also noted on Fox News Kennedy Jr. likely won’t have a chance to debate President Biden.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4100111-trump-calls-rfk-jr-a-very-smart-person/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Trump calls RFK Jr. ‘a very smart person’
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 07:28:10 pm »
Huh??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2023, 07:32:22 pm »
Only the very best people.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2023, 07:47:24 pm »
“COVID-19 attacks certain races disproportionately,” Kennedy said in a video obtained by the New York Post. “COVID-19 is targeted to attack Caucasians and Black people. The people who are most immune are Ashkenazi Jews and Chinese.”

Even if he has some empirical evidence for this (and he probably does), saying it out loud was monumentally stupid from a political standpoint. So maybe he is not as smart as Trump thinks he is.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2023, 07:49:21 pm »
Well, RFK Jr., seems to be very candid and honest.

As for being smart; he graduated from Harvard with a Bachelor of Arts in American history and literature. He later studied at the London School of Economics before earning a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Virginia School of Law, and a Master of Laws from Pace University.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2023, 07:57:07 pm »
Huh??
@kneejerk businessman response. You don't attack a competitor personally unless and until they become a threat to you.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2023, 07:57:36 pm »

Even if he has some empirical evidence for this (and he probably does), saying it out loud was monumentally stupid from a political standpoint. So maybe he is not as smart as Trump thinks he is.

@massadvj

"Smart" should be  punctuated/typed as 'Smart'...  When an opponent is digging, had him a shovel.

The rest of your quote stands.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2023, 07:59:40 pm »
Well, RFK Jr., seems to be very candid and honest.

As for being smart; he graduated from Harvard with a Bachelor of Arts in American history and literature. He later studied at the London School of Economics before earning a Juris Doctor degree from the University of Virginia School of Law, and a Master of Laws from Pace University.

@libertybele

Do you honestly think any "social status" school is going to flunk out a member of the Kennedy Klan?

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2023, 08:07:18 pm »
@libertybele

Do you honestly think any "social status" school is going to flunk out a member of the Kennedy Klan?

The "Gentleman's C" is very real, and has been around for a long time.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gentleman%27s_C

I went to UVa. Law with one of RFK Jrs. brothers.  He was a very nice guy who never tried to trade in on his family name.  But he wasn't exactly Law Review....

Rankings shift a bit over time, but UVa. generally is considered a top 10 law school, as is New York University.   I mention NYU because JFK Jr. got accepted to and graduated from NYU, but it took him three tries to pass the New York bar exam.  Suffice it to say that is not normal for NYU grads.

According to the man himself, "I'm clearly not a major legal genius".

https://www.deseret.com/1990/5/1/18859239/john-kennedy-jr-fails-bar-exam-2nd-time-says-he-ll-take-it-again

So I'd be a bit hesitant to ascribe any great intelligence to the guy just because of where he went to school.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 08:11:12 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2023, 08:12:26 pm »
@libertybele

I merely posted his education @sneakypete --the same thought ran through my mind. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DB

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2023, 08:16:01 pm »
"Smart" is relative.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2023, 08:32:32 pm »
"Smart" is relative.

@DB

Not if you are a member of the Kennedy Klan. "Smart" left on a train after old man Joe died.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2023, 08:39:43 pm »
@DB

Not if you are a member of the Kennedy Klan. "Smart" left on a train after old man Joe died.

They are a family with a history of drugs and alcohol and death of family members hasn't helped.  I can't say that I dislike the Kennedy's, but I just don't see RFK Jr. being the DEM nominee.  They will never let him.  Perhaps his sole intent is to bring some of the dirt in DC into focus. It's one thing if a Republican tries to bring that focus into light and it's quite another if a DEM does so...especially a Kennedy.  We'll see what happens.