Author Topic: Who Holds the Generals/Keepers Of West Point’s Honor Code Accountable (& Honorable)?  (Read 205 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Who Holds the Generals/Keepers Of West Point’s Honor Code Accountable (& Honorable)?
By John Hughes
July 10, 2023

West Point has a very famous Honor Code: “A Cadet will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.” Its effectiveness and genius lies in its brutal simplicity. Over the past two hundred years, it has evolved and been clarified. In 1922, West Point Superintendent MG Douglas MacArthur formalized the process with the formation of the Cadet Honor Committee. Since then, it has been further ‘tweaked.’

It also offers the Three Rules of Thumb to aid cadets in their moral journey:

Does this action attempt to deceive anyone or allow anyone to be deceived?

Does this action gain or allow the gain of privilege or advantage to which I or someone else would not otherwise be entitled?

Would I be satisfied by the outcome if I were on the receiving end of this action?

Superficially, it seems straight forward. Similarly, its necessity is very apparent. Cadets (and Army officers) must be trustworthy to have an effective fighting force.

https://armedforces.press/who-holds-the-generals-keepers-of-west-points-honor-code-accountable-honorable/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Who Holds the Generals/Keepers Of West Point’s Honor Code Accountable (& Honorable)?

Wouldn't that be Christopher Wray and the FBI? :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Wouldn't that be Christopher Wray and the FBI? :thud:

@rangerrebew

I don't think so. MAYBE Congress or the WH,but  even that is not a sure thing.

I think it largely rests on management,meaning the senior officers.

Which went out the window with Miss Miley running the army. I don't know who was running the other branches,but I have no reason to believe they haven't been infiltrated by globalist officers,also.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!