Author Topic: Who is Iida Tikka? Joe Biden's 'nasty' comment to Finnish reporter sparks massive backlash  (Read 196 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Who is Iida Tikka? Joe Biden's 'nasty' comment to Finnish reporter sparks massive backlash
Story by Varnika Srivastava • Yesterday 8:02 AM

HELSINKI, FINLAND: President Joe Biden is facing a backlash over a remark he directed at a Finnish reporter during a press conference in Helsinki. Responding to a query on Finland, the newest member of NATO, located barely 70 miles from Russia, the president reflected on uncertainty about the future of the alliance, telling journalist Iida Tikka of Finland's public broadcaster YLE, "You can't tell me whether you're going to be able to go home tonight."

At the news conference with Finnish President Sauli Niinisto after his nation hurriedly joined the alliance in response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine, Biden declared, "We will stand together. No one can guarantee the future. But this is the best bet anyone can make."

He returned to his assertion of mutual commitment and collective defense, which is written in the NATO Charter, after responding to the issue of whether political divides in the US would in the future undercut whatever pledges Biden made.

Who is Iida Tikka?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/who-is-iida-tikka-joe-biden-s-nasty-comment-to-finnish-reporter-sparks-massive-backlash/ar-AA1dTV03?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=73d50bcadf7b4b39ada20f723302bf9c&ei=38
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 10:05:06 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson