Author Topic: US sending F-16s to Middle East after naval incidents with Iran  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US sending F-16s to Middle East after naval incidents with Iran
Story by Nicholas Slayton • Yesterday 7:49 PM

The United States is deploying additional aircraft to the Strait of Hormuz, days after an incident with the Iranian Navy.

An unspecified number of F-16 fighter jets are on their way to the Middle East over the weekend, according to the Associated Press, which cited a Department of Defense official on the news. The F-16s are meant to complement the A-10 Warthogs currently operating in the area and which have been flying patrols this past week.

The additional aircraft will provide aerial cover for ships in the Strait and are also meant to be a deterrent, according to the Pentagon official. It’s not immediately clear how many F-16s are being sent over, or what unit they belong to.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-sending-f-16s-to-middle-east-after-naval-incidents-with-iran/ar-AA10Bn42?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=73d50bcadf7b4b39ada20f723302bf9c&ei=8
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson