Author Topic: Kari Lake: ‘I believe I’m the only one who can win’ Arizona Senate race  (Read 516 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Kari Lake: ‘I believe I’m the only one who can win’ Arizona Senate race
by Jared Gans - 07/15/23 9:46 AM ET

Former Arizona GOP gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake said she believes she is the only candidate who could win next year’s Arizona Senate race as she weighs whether to join the contest.

Lake said while commenting The Family Leadership Summit, a conservative, Christian conference held in Iowa, that she will decide whether she will run for Sen. Kyrsten Sinema’s (I-Ariz.) Senate seat in the next few months, potentially making a decision in the fall, NBC News reported.

But she said she thinks she is the only candidate who could win the seat.

“I’ve looked at the polling, to be honest, and I believe I’m the only one who can win that race,” Lake said Friday.

Lake has been a rumored candidate for the Senate seat for months following her loss to Gov. Katie Hobbs (D) in the governor’s race last November. Lake launched a lawsuit contesting the results following the election that was thrown out and has refused to concede her loss to Hobbs.

Her legal team was fined more than $120,000 on Friday after a federal court ruled that the lawsuit contesting the results in Maricopa County, the most populous in the state, was “frivolous.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4099115-kari-lake-i-believe-im-the-only-one-who-can-win-arizona-senate-race/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Kari Lake: ‘I believe I’m the only one who can win’ Arizona Senate race

She handily won the governorship and was cheated out of it. The same will happen if she runs for the Senate.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

She handily won the governorship and was cheated out of it. The same will happen if she runs for the Senate.

Agreed. How do we stop the cheating?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Agreed. How do we stop the cheating?

From the ground up! In each and every place it is occurring.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline kevindavis007

So Kari who used to be an Obama supporter Fake (who I think is sleeping with Trump) thinks she can win the Senate.

Now that is pure comedy!

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline LMAO

Some people have to get out of the “every candidate I like that doesn’t win has  been cheated”
mindset.

Was Hillary Clinton cheated in 2016? How about Terry McAuliffe being cheated out of the VA governorship? How about Andrew Gillum in the 2018 Florida gubernatorial race?Did JD Vance cheat Tim Ryan out of a Senate seat in 2022?

Seriously, both sides do it and it’s really tiresome and childish. Run a good candidate that can attract voters beyond just the base and they will win. Youngkin did it. DeSantis did it.

It’s that simple. The GOP needs to attract a good number of independent voters and the suburbs to offset the huge advantages the Democrats have in urban areas and you don’t get that with Trumpian candidates

« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 06:13:04 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline kevindavis007

Some people have to get out of the “every candidate I like that doesn’t win has  been cheated”
mindset.

Was Hillary Clinton cheated in 2016? How about Terry McAuliffe being cheated out of the VA governorship? How about Andrew Gillum in the 2018 Florida gubernatorial race?Did JD Vance cheat Tim Ryan out of a Senate seat in 2022?

Seriously, both sides do it and it’s really tiresome and childish. Run a good candidate that can attract voters beyond just the base and they will win. Youngkin did it. DeSantis did it.

It’s that simple. The GOP needs to attract a good number of independent voters and the suburbs to offset the huge advantages the Democrats have in urban areas and you don’t get that with Trumpian candidates

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline LMAO

Republicans can,do,  and will win elections. Maybe not with the current 2024 presidential candidates. But they will again as the pendulum always shifts

But stomping feet and crying robbery when the Republican candidate of our choice loses is not moving forward

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
mindset.

Some people need to get out of the "Ignore all evidence of cheating until it has been proven in a courtroom" mindset!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Some people need to get out of the "Ignore all evidence of cheating until it has been proven in a courtroom" mindset!

Nobody is saying we should ignore it.  The question is when and how we should act on it, and what actions we should take.  What exactly are we supposed to do if it isn't proven in a courtroom??  I mean, like it or not, we live in a constitutional republic.  We have a majority of Justices of the Supreme Court who were appointed by Republicans, including three by Trump himself.  When the Supreme Court comes down with decisions we like, as in the affirmative action cases, we demand that their decision on the law be followed.

Does that suddenly all fly out the window if that same Court doesn't agree on a particular issue?  Do we only agree to abide by decisions when they are the ones we wanted?

Offline LMAO

Nobody is saying we should ignore it.  The question is when and how we should act on it, and what actions we should take.  What exactly are we supposed to do if it isn't proven in a courtroom??  I mean, like it or not, we live in a constitutional republic.  We have a majority of Justices of the Supreme Court who were appointed by Republicans, including three by Trump himself.  When the Supreme Court comes down with decisions we like, as in the affirmative action cases, we demand that their decision on the law be followed.

Does that suddenly all fly out the window if that same Court doesn't agree on a particular issue?  Do we only agree to abide by decisions when they are the ones we wanted?

There were things in 2020 that should not have been allowed to happen, and should have been challenged. What the Pennsylvania Supreme Court did comes to mind. And also a poster outlined what happened in Georgia. And what the press did with the Hunter Biden laptop story was criminal.

The problem is proving that the results would’ve been any different. So, as a result, I accept and deal with the fact that Joe Biden won, and what the GOP should do going forward

When folks declare that certain candidates are gonna lose before we even had an election because they’re going to be cheated out of a win tells me that they have decided already  not accept results of any elections unless their candidate wins

Hillary Clinton and her supporters made a lot of wild claims on why she lost. What makes Trump and his supporters claims anymore valid than hers? MAGAs forget that Trump had a low job approval rating amongst the electorate by October/ November 2020

Run candidates that have a broad base appeal and that candidate will win. 
« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 07:58:33 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Are you remotely aware that there are jurisdictions all over this land FAR below SCOTUS and those are the places where ELECTIONS are run, and votes counted?  This crap has to stop! The people have lost their faith in the electoral process. What needs to be done by who is going to vary by location but it will ALL come down to the people in every case. 

The sad truth is that I personally think it's too late now. This once great republic is now nothing more than the world's largest banana republic.

Never-the-less, I will go out proclaiming the truth!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
mindset.

I won't name names, but I am sure there is at least one person here who truly believes that—and thinks it's a good thing.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

mindset.

??? DeSantis won over Andrew Gilium in a recount and won by less than 1%.  Lot's of election fraud went on -- so your premise that a candidate that attracts voters beyond their base will win, is very thin as for not believing that elections are stolen.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

??? DeSantis won over Andrew Gilium in a recount and won by less than 1%.  Lot's of election fraud went on -- so your premise that a candidate that attracts voters beyond their base will win, is very thin as for not believing that elections are stolen.

Do you believe that Gillium was robbed? He did. At least for a while. And even though the recount confirmed DeSantis’s win, Gillium still wanted to challenge it

Ron DeSantis took his barely win and attracted voters beyond the normal Republican base for his reelection and won in a lopsided landslide. DeSantis expanded his base of support across just about every demographic group.

Nixon barely won the 1968 election. Had George Wallace not been in that race, Humphrey probably would’ve won.

Nixon grew his base of support beyond the normal Republican base and in 1972, won an election landslide.

Republicans need to not only hold on their base, but attract independents and enough people in the suburbs in order to win elections and offset the advantages democrats have in urban areas. My point still stands.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2023, 10:05:32 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater