Author Topic: DA Alvin Bragg Makes Curious Admission About NYC Crime  (Read 302 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
DA Alvin Bragg Makes Curious Admission About NYC Crime
« on: July 15, 2023, 03:28:14 pm »
DA Alvin Bragg Makes Curious Admission About NYC Crime

Rebecca Downs
July 14, 2023 5:15 PM

Crime is so bad in New York City that even Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg is admitting he is concerned for family members who take the subway. "I know the statistics that transit crime is down, but when one of my family members gets on the train, I, too, get a knot in my stomach," Bragg said during a recent interview with Fox 5.

A Siena poll released earlier this week did find that 61 percent of New Yorkers are worried about being a victim of a crime. Eighty-seven percent say that crime is a serious problem in the state and 57 percent said it's a problem in the community. Don Levy, the director of Siena College Research Institute (SCRI), called that 61 percent figure "disturbingly high."

New York City residents are particularly concerned about crime, the poll found.

While Bragg had a point in talking about people being fearful of crime, it turns out he got his statistics wrong when it comes to the numbers going down.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebeccadowns/2023/07/14/da-alvin-bragg-makes-curious-admission-about-nyc-crime-n2625759
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

Re: DA Alvin Bragg Makes Curious Admission About NYC Crime
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 05:42:13 pm »
From the article….

Crime is so bad in New York City that even Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg is admitting he is concerned for family members who take the subway. "I know the statistics that transit crime is down, but when one of my family members gets on the train, I, too, get a knot in my stomach," Bragg said during a recent interview with Fox 5.

This is the statement of an elite

He has no problem with crime when others are impacted. But he gets a “ knot in his stomach” when those he cares about could potentially be at risk
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Re: DA Alvin Bragg Makes Curious Admission About NYC Crime
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 01:30:16 pm »
From the article….

This is the statement of an elite

He has no problem with crime when others are impacted. But he gets a “ knot in his stomach” when those he cares about could potentially be at risk

:thumbsup: