Author Topic: Disney boss admits DeSantis won the culture war and Hollywood isn't happy  (Read 370 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Disney boss admits DeSantis won the culture war and Hollywood isn't happy

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2023/07/14/disney-boss-admits-desantis-won-the-culture-war-and-hollywood-isnt-happy-n564566

Disney boss Bob Iger is at summer camp. It’s a summer camp for billionaires in Sun Valley, Idaho. Iger took time away from whatever it is that billionaires do at summer camp to give an interview to CNBC. He’s probably regretting that decision.

Suddenly Bob Iger doesn’t want to be involved in culture wars. Ahem. Funny how he is changing his tune now that Disney is feeling the pinch. “The last thing that I want for the company is for the company to be drawn into any culture wars.” Iger said that in response to comments Governor DeSantis made last month during a town hall. DeSantis was referring to sexualizing programming for young children.

Last month, DeSantis, a Republican presidential candidate, said during a town hall that Disney in the past “has been like the all-American company. But they’ve really embraced the idea of getting the sexualized content in the programming for the young kids. And that is just a line that I am not willing to cross.”

How the manglement of any entertainment company that focuses on children could not understand that, "sexualized content in the programming for the young kids" is a bad idea certain to lead to serious problem eludes me. But, OK Iger, if you are serious, put your programming - TV, movies, theme parks, and resorts where your mouth is.

Hopefully DeSantis understands that, like Walmart and Target Karens, Hollyweird Karens will lash out for being defeated.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Iger has a lot of cleanup to do. If he really has the guts to do it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

DeSantis gets it done.

Offline mountaineer

Opinion: Why Disney’s magic is disappearing
The media titan fails to read the room
By Benjamin Barnes
Jul 9, 2023
The Batt Online
Disney is tired. Scratch that; people are tired of Disney. The mouse powerhouse with the unmistakable four-fingered white gloves has touched almost every majorly identifiable pop-culture symbol within contemporary society.

What used to serve as arguably the most lucrative business model in recent history is now struggling to turn a profit with its latest cinematic releases — Indiana Jones, The Little Mermaid and Elemental, to name a few. Falling back on the success of past films by churning out tired live-action remakes has clearly run its short course.

Disney is running out of moves, and the signs of struggles are more than evident. The reason audiences aren’t feeling the magic in the films and shows they release might actually be a byproduct of their enormous success. ...

By choosing politics and business dealings over brand authenticity, Disney has lost perhaps the most loyal and diverse fanbase any company has ever seen. At this stage, the answer to profitability doesn’t lie in gobbling up more intellectual properties or forcing ‘diverse takes’ on classics.

Who approved the “white fragility” Proud Family episode or thought it was a good idea to stop saying “welcome boys and girls” in their park recordings? ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Robby Starbuck
@robbystarbuck
Meet the cast of Disney’s new woke Snow White film. Snow White is Columbian now and the 7 dwarves look more like the 6 normal sized hipster pedos and 1 dwarf from Portland. Snow White no longer has "skin white as snow". Absolutely ridiculous.

Disney Faces Heavy Criticism After Bold New Images of Its Latest Live-Action Film Surface Online
Despite the online uproar, this isn't the film's most controversial casting.
Danni Button
July 14, 2023

... But more representative casting choices, like singer Halle Bailey's casting as the redheaded mermaid Ariel, have been subject to an "anti-woke" social media backlash. Disney's newest live-action adaptation, 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarves' is now having a similar moment after photos surfaced showing the alleged cast of the production.

The jury is still out on whether or not this image is accurate, but one thing is clear -- the internet is mad that Snow White is being portrayed by a Latina actress. Rachel Zegler's casting was actually announced more than two years ago -- sparking a more nuanced conversation about another casting choice the film's production team would have to make.  ...

If the photos circulating today are, in fact, confirmed a part of the production, it would mean that six of the cast's seven dwarves aren't little people. And it's fueling valuable conversations about disability representation in major media. ...
The Street
 :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

With a slight degree of hyperbole, Hollyweird abandoned creativity several decades ago. Creating is risky, in $$ and social politics; mediocre formula is less risky and is a vehicle for "correct" messaging.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
When Iger says he doesn't want Disney involved in culture wars, he's not saying he doesn't want Disney to push leftist cultural changes.  He's just saying he doesn't want our side to push back. If there's no pushback on leftist culture, there's no culture war.

Offline cato potatoe

Meet the cast of Disney’s new woke Snow White film. Snow White is Columbian now and the 7 dwarves look more like the 6 normal sized hipster pedos and 1 dwarf from Portland. Snow White no longer has "skin white as snow". Absolutely ridiculous.

Oh wow - I thought this was a joke. 

Nope - and they probably blew a billion dollars on it.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Nope - and they probably blew a billion dollars on it.
I hope so. This shit show is DOA - dead on arrival.
The fact that Disney cannot see that, demonstrates how demented they have become.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 10:03:53 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.