Author Topic: The Left Was Wrong, Wrong, Wrong on Cluster Munitions  (Read 216 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Left Was Wrong, Wrong, Wrong on Cluster Munitions
« on: July 13, 2023, 09:18:04 pm »
The Left Was Wrong, Wrong, Wrong on Cluster Munitions
Ted Bromund / @Bromund / Steven Groves / @stevegroves / July 13, 2023

For well over a decade, the Left has waged war on cluster munitions.

Left-wing nongovernmental organizations and other groups have demonized them, liberal U.S. administrations have downplayed them, and the left-leaning media have exaggerated the civilian casualties they cause.

But now, in a complete about-face, the U.S. has agreed to supply cluster munitions to the embattled forces of Ukraine in its war against Russia.

That’s the right decision. But in coming belatedly to it, the Biden administration has effectively admitted that the Left’s case against cluster munitions was baseless.

Cluster munitions are a form of ammunition—bombs and artillery shells, usually—that contains lots of smaller sub-munitions. When fired, the larger munition splits open and blankets the target area with the sub-munitions.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/07/13/left-was-wrong-wrong-wrong-cluster-munitions/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson