Author Topic: Teacher fired after posting about ban on LGBT Miley Cyrus, Dolly Parton song: ‘When will it end?’  (Read 918 times)

Offline Kamaji

Teacher fired after posting about ban on LGBT Miley Cyrus, Dolly Parton song: ‘When will it end?’

By Isabel Keane
July 13, 2023

A Wisconsin teacher whose students were banned from performing a controversial Miley Cyrus and Dolly Parton song has been fired after venting online about her frustration over the decision.

Melissa Tempel addressed the ban on Twitter after her first-grade students’ performance of “Rainbowland,” a song that encourages LGBTQ+ acceptance and references rainbows, was canceled by the Waukesha school district.

“My first graders were so excited to sing Rainbowland for our spring concert but it has been vetoed by our administration,”  Tempel wrote in March. “When will it end?”

Soon after, Tempel was placed on leave for violating district policy, with Superintendent James Serbert recommending she be fired.

On Wednesday, school board members agreed, voting 9-0 to terminate Tempel’s post, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/13/teacher-fired-after-posting-about-ban-on-miley-cyrus-dolly-parton-song/

Offline Kamaji

A better question, Ms. Tempel, is when will the sexual grooming of our children end?  When will the inappropriate exposure of little children to mature sexual matters end?

Online mountaineer

What were we singing when we were 6? Nothing about queers, I'm sure.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
This is the first I had heard of this song. Miley Cyrus says the song was inspired by the multicolored walls of her studio, but the lyrics clearly have to do with being gay:

Wouldn't it be nice to live in paradise
Where we're free to be exactly who we are
Let's all dig down deep inside
Brush the judgment and fear aside
Make wrong things right
And end the fight
'Cause I promise ain't nobody gonna win (come on)
Living in a Rainbowland
Where you and I go hand in hand
Oh, I'd be lying if I said this was fine
All the hurt and the hate going on here

The song is a liberal anthem, not for kids. I think I was singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" at that age. Today I guess they could change to Miley's version: "Twerkle, Twerkle, Little Slut."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Uhhhhh,they are children in the 1st grade,you freaking dingbat! They don't even know what sex is,and you are involving them in your personal sexual brain farts?

You should be tied up and beaten with a freaking whip,and THEN fired for missing work.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

The teacher should have been fired for teaching the children bad grammar, if nothing else.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is the first I had heard of this song. Miley Cyrus says the song was inspired by the multicolored walls of her studio, but the lyrics clearly have to do with being gay:

Wouldn't it be nice to live in paradise
Where we're free to be exactly who we are
Let's all dig down deep inside
Brush the judgment and fear aside
Make wrong things right
And end the fight
Living in a Rainbowland
Where you and I go hand in hand
Oh, I'd be lying if I said this was fine
All the hurt and the hate going on here

The song is a liberal anthem, not for kids. I think I was singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" at that age. Today I guess they could change to Miley's version: "Twerkle, Twerkle, Little Slut."

@massadvj

I have suspected that Dolly  Parton is a lesbian for decades. Her "husband story" just doesn't pass the "smell test".

I am not so sure about Miley. I suspect she is just nuts.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
@massadvj

I have suspected that Dolly  Parton is a lesbian for decades. Her "husband story" just doesn't pass the "smell test".

I am not so sure about Miley. I suspect she is just nuts.

I think Dolly Parton is a national treasure. She usually stays out of politics, so I was surprised to see her do this.

As for Miley Cyrus, I think she would eff a kangaroo if there was fame in it for her.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think Dolly Parton is a national treasure.

@massadvj

Frankly,I don't give a damn if she is hetrosexual,bi-sexual,or tri-sexual. I like her because I think she is smart,funny,and one HELL of a songwriter and performer.

She usually stays out of politics, so I was surprised to see her do this.

I'm not. The years are starting to slow her down,and she is going to be doing a lot less touring than she used to. She damn sure doesn't need the money,so chances are more of the "real" Dolly is going to emerge,including her relationship with  her "good friend" Lily Tomlin.

Chances are that even after she stops touring,she will still be writing songs for other singers.

Remember,back when Dolly first started singing professionally,even standing next in line behind a homosexual had people wondering about and talking about you. ESPECIALLY in the "country music world".

Those days have pretty much passed now,though. Yeah,it would probably be a major shock to some of her more diehard fans,but most under 40 will shrug it off because they don't give a damn about it.

As for Miley Cyrus, I think she would eff a kangaroo if there was fame in it for her.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Those days have pretty much passed now,though. Yeah,it would probably be a major shock to some of her more diehard fans,but most under 40 will shrug it off because they don't give a damn about it.

There were plenty of people in our generation who were gay, but we -- gay or straight -- had the common sense to keep our private lives private.  No one really cares who you sleep with or why, except the person you are sharing your bed with. That is as it should be. It takes a certain narcissism to publicize your sexuality.

Offline Kamaji

There were plenty of people in our generation who were gay, but we -- gay or straight -- had the common sense to keep our private lives private.  No one really cares who you sleep with or why, except the person you are sharing your bed with. That is as it should be. It takes a certain narcissism to publicize your sexuality.

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@massadvj

I agree.

Offline DB

What were we singing when we were 6? Nothing about queers, I'm sure.

Puff The Magic Dragon...

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor

Offline DB

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
60's Drugs...

So the "autumn mist" was marijuana smoke?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I think Dolly Parton is a national treasure. She usually stays out of politics, so I was surprised to see her do this.

As for Miley Cyrus.................

I suspect Dolly ain't as innocent as she pretends, when she went on stage with her 9/5 crew that spit at conservatives (or Trump, I don't remember, perhaps both)... She knew the joke was coming and went along with it.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
888high58888