Author Topic: Plan to Slash Military Medical Billets Based on Faulty Analysis, Federal Watchdog Says  (Read 165 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Plan to Slash Military Medical Billets Based on Faulty Analysis, Federal Watchdog Says

Patricia Kime
Wed, July 12, 2023 at 3:01 PM EDT·5 min read

The Defense Department's plan to cut 12,801 medical positions from the DoD, Army, Navy and Air Force was built on inadequate assessments, a shortcoming that could affect patient care, including treatment for service members during wartime, a new Government Accountability Office report finds.

The watchdog agency report released Tuesday said the department still has not "fully or consistently assessed the effects of potential reductions." In 2019, the Pentagon proposed to eliminate more than 17,000 uniformed medical billets – including 10,739 doctors, dentists, nurses, corpsmen and medics -- but the figure was later reduced by roughly 4,500 positions due to further analysis and attrition.

The idea was that some billets would be repurposed as operational billets -- combat or combat support jobs -- while leaner medical staffs provided care for all military personnel and dependents in some locations. Other family members and retirees were to be shifted to civilian care through the Tricare network.

https://news.yahoo.com/plan-slash-military-medical-billets-190110825.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Since when did this administration, including the Pentagon, start caring about what data says more than what it wants to see? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Fewer Doctors = More Shiny New Weapon Systems for top brass to chase

Maybe the Pentagon and Congress should fast track the Cyberdyne Research Systems T-800 program.

No Human Soldiers = No Need for Doctors

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.