Author Topic: 'No Way in Hell': Ilhan Omar Announces Boycott of Israeli President's Address to Congress  (Read 399 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
'No Way in Hell': Ilhan Omar Announces Boycott of Israeli President's Address to Congress

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D., Minn.) announced she will boycott an address by the Israeli president to Congress next week.

"There is no way in hell I am attending the joint session address from a President whose country has banned me and denied @RashidaTlaib the ability to see her grandma," Omar said on Wednesday, referring to the scheduled July 19 address by Israeli president Isaac Herzog.

She added that because Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu "barred the first two Muslim women elected to congress from visiting the country," Herzog should not be invited. Netanyahu issued the ban in 2019. Tzipi Hotovely, the then-deputy foreign minister, said at the time that the country bars entry to "those who reject our right to exist in the world."

Herzog is making the trip to Washington to commemorate the 75th anniversary of Israel's founding.

Omar has a history of making anti-Semitic statements. In 2012, she invoked an anti-Semitic trope, tweeting, "Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel." In 2019, she suggested pro-Israel politicians were paid off, saying, "It's all about the Benjamins, baby."

The announcement comes a month after the far-left "Squad" Democrats Omar, Rep. Rashida Tlaib (Mich.), and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.) boycotted an address by Indian prime minister Narendra Modi..............

https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/no-way-in-hell-ilhan-omar-announces-boycott-of-israeli-presidents-address-to-congress/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

This tells me she sees herself as more of an Islamist than a Somalian.  The fate of Palestinian Arabs is of more interest to Islamists than everyday Somalians.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

And another trite little racist peeps up.

Offline mountaineer

Ilhan is an existential threat to Israel's president, so to speak.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Wondering who in The Squad wil join her in the jew hate solidarity.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Wondering who in The Squad wil join her in the jew hate solidarity.
Will all the other Muslims in Congress join Madame Diaper Head?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Oh Noes! Omar will boycott the address, that will raise not only the IQ of those present but improve the looks too.

Offline mountaineer

Ilhan Omar
@IlhanMN
There is no way in hell I am attending the joint session address from a President whose country has banned me and denied @RashidaTlaib  the ability to see her grandma.

Emily Zanotti 🦝
@emzanotti
They granted her permission. She decided not to go on the trip, anyway. Guess that isn’t as sexy of a talking point, though.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Those in "The Squad"shouldn't be walking the halls of Congress anyways.  Their lack of being present while Herzog speaks is a good thing. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline PeteS in CA

Netanyahu will owe her a thank you card.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline berdie

This tells me she sees herself as more of an Islamist than a Somalian.  The fate of Palestinian Arabs is of more interest to Islamists than everyday Somalians.

It sure sounds that way, doesn't it. So just don't go lady, no problem.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

It sure sounds that way, doesn't it. So just don't go lady, no problem.

It's not like she'll be terribly missed.  :whistle: