Author Topic: Immigration News Today: California Threatens to Cut Safety Net for Undocumented Immigrants  (Read 216 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Immigration News Today: California Threatens to Cut Safety Net for Undocumented Immigrants
FISAYO OKARE
JUL 12, 2023

New York
Hochul announces federal measures to protect undocumented workers during labor investigations:

The protections are meant to make undocumented workers more willing to report bad business practices and reduce threats of retaliation from their employers. — Spectrum News NY 1

Mexico City’s Universidad Iberoamericana sends students to NYC to teach classes to Spanish speakers:

The students teach CREA classes, which offer formal schooling to Spanish-speaking adults and have seen enrollment spike. — Latino Rebels

Around the U.S.
Immigrant advocates announce federal lawsuit against Florida’s anti-migrant law:

https://documentedny.com/2023/07/12/california-undocumented-immigrants-budget/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Whoa. That's a major reversal, especially since it's Cali.
The Republic is lost.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Whoa. That's a major reversal, especially since it's Cali.

Watch, the dems will backtrack on this.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Cannucks are smart to poach America's H1-B visa talent.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright