Author Topic: These States’ Driver’s Licenses No Longer Valid In Florida If Possessor Is An Undocumented Immigran  (Read 151 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
These States’ Driver’s Licenses No Longer Valid In Florida If Possessor Is An Undocumented Immigrant
Undocumented immigrants will no longer be able to drive in Florida, even if they have a license from Delaware, Connecticut, Hawaii, Rhode Island, or Vermont

These States’ Driver’s Licenses No Longer Valid In Florida If Possessor Is An Undocumented Immigrant
by Sebastien Bell
July 9, 2023 at 16:30

Licenses issued by the states of Delaware, Connecticut, Hawaii, Rhode Island, and Vermont will not be valid in Florida, if the possessor is an undocumented immigrant. The states’ IDs are being targeted under Florida’s anti-immigration Senate Bill 1718.

As of July 1, the law prohibits a driver’s license from being issued to anyone who does not provide proof of lawful presence in the U.S. Out-of-state licenses issued to those who cannot provide that proof are also regarded as invalid, as a result of the controversial bill that was signed into law by Governor Ron DeSantis. Per The Hill, Florida will continue to modify the list of states whose licenses fall under this classification through periodic updates as other states revise their issuance requirements.

In addition to rendering certain forms of government-issued identification invalid, SB 1718 will also require employers with 25 or more employees to use E-Verify to check if their employees’ legal status will require hospitals to ask for patients’ immigration status, and will prohibit local governments from financing “community IDs.”

https://www.carscoops.com/2023/07/these-states-drivers-licenses-no-longer-valid-in-florida-if-possessor-is-an-undocumented-immigrant/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson