Author Topic: Ron DeSantis Pledges to Support Donald Trump if He Wins GOP Nomination  (Read 2695 times)

Online LMAO

Massive government-planned cities being set up in former National Parks??

It’s more than just the MAGA cities and the MAGA baby bonuses. It’s a window  of what a Trump second term would look like, what his governing philosophy would be or what he believes it should be, and it’s more centralization. And as we have seen,planned cities and central planning in general, eventually fails

“What’s your plan for the problems in our cities” asks the MAGA voter. First, the problem in the cities, stems from the problem of lax law enforcement and soft on crime policies. Secondly, issues with cities needs to be solved at the local level or, at the most, state level. And thirdly, the issue in the cities is a long-term, very deep problem that has its roots in the so called “Great Society.”  We had the Model Cities Program that was a Federal attempt to improve the cities that have become an obvious failure

The people who reside in our inner cities are determined to vote for their failure and you can’t stop people from voting a certain way. So until those people change their voting patterns, you can have all the MAGA cities and baby bonuses in the world and the cities will still be a mess.

Trump has more in common with Lyndon Johnson than Barry Goldwater, Calvin Coolidge or even Reagan
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 10:53:09 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Well now… it appears I’ve hit a nerve here.  Horsehillary back at you.  DeSantis didn’t owe jackshit to Trump. Backstabbing and sophomoric namecalling have been almost exclusively Trump’s forte from the start. Further.. let’s not forget.. between the two of them, only one has won re-election, and that sure as hell isn’t the poisonous Trump, who will never win elective office again.  Finally, I have an appreciation for candidates who have served their country in uniform as DeSantis did; Trump didn’t.

@ScottinVA

LOL!

Only ONE of them was running for re-election as the President of the US. The other one was running for re-election in Florida,and had to ask Trump to come and campaign for him to save his ass.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online LMAO

@ScottinVA

LOL!

Only ONE of them was running for re-election as the President of the US. The other one was running for re-election in Florida,and had to ask Trump to come and campaign for him to save his ass.

Trump did not campaign for RDS when he ran for re election and he won by 20 points nor did RDS seek his endorsement

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/22/desantis-trump-support-governors-mansion-00040942

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis has plenty of advantages ahead of his November reelection. More than $100 million in the bank. A growing statewide Republican voter advantage. Massive popularity with the conservative base.

What DeSantis doesn’t need and isn’t requesting: former President Donald Trump’s endorsement.

Side note: This is how one backs claims they make wink777
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 02:29:17 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

@ScottinVA

LOL!

:mauslaff:

What a crock of shit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Now Now, Trump is more than just Orange... He waves a rainbow flag, places transexuals in pageants and invites them to use whatever restroom they want in his own hotels. He is mushy on the 2nd amendment like playdo. Some here say "He wants to save America"... but all I have seen is the circus that centers around him come to town. It is beyond a joke.

He is after the Drag Queen vote.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

@ScottinVA

LOL!

OK @sneakypete you keep repeating the same talking point --where is your proof that he asked Trump to campaign for him.

That is untrue. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

He is after the Drag Queen vote.

Stiff competition for that vote is coming from the Brandon camp.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Does DeSantis realize he has just demonstrated weakness by making such a promise so early?

DeSantis is not as skillful as Youngkin pulling off the delicate dance of distancing himself from Trump without incurring Trump's wrath.

I think DeSantis would be better off letting his wife run for President.  She seems to have the intelligence, charisma, and media saavy that Ron lacks.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online LMAO

I think DeSantis would be better off letting his wife run for President.  She seems to have the intelligence, charisma, and media saavy that Ron lacks.

Yup

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

Yup

Well, she's been in front of the camera a bit she's a former television host. :laugh:

Ron is extremely intelligent and the success he has demonstrated in FL is unmatched by any candidate running and that includes Trump's.

Online LMAO

Well, she's been in front of the camera a bit she's a former television host. :laugh:

That’s also Trump’s advantage.

IMO, the other candidates are running not for 2024 but 2028. The hope is people will tire of a Democrat in the WH by then and they might then take a closer look at the GOP

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
What has offended you?  Please, stop alluding and spell it out so there can be a discussion.

There have been bucket loads of threads here regarding various Trump comments that have bothered many conservatives.  Instead of addressing those comments directly, you routinely attempt to hijack those discussions by bringing in matters unrelated to the point being discussed.  You'll either start attacking other candidates, or bringing up something about Trump that has nothing to do with the particular statement he made, or action in which he engaged. 

Everyone here has seen you do that repeatedly, and I'm not going to regurgitate every Trump critique that has been posted here.  You had your chances, and it is of no interest to me to have discussions with you that I've already had with other people.

But just for one example among many, many incidents, there's what he said in 2021 to Georgia voters about the Georgia gubernatorial election between the incumbent Republican Kemp, and challenger Stacey Abrams:

"Of course, having her I think might be better than having your existing governor, if you want to know the truth,” he noted, prompting overwhelming boos from his crowd of mostly maskless supporters.

“Might very well be better,” he added."

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/573958-trump-quips-abrams-wouldve-been-a-better-governor-than-kemp/

Stacey Abrams over Brian Kemp - that's Trump.

With Trump, the arena of ideas is open to you.

Yes, because he is completely untethered to any political principles or philosophy. That's why Trump's "ideas" include a bunch of big government, centralized-planning monstrosities that any decent conservative would reject out of hand.  Which is exactly why his reelection is so scary.

Present your alternative to stopping the loss of a generation to drugs, mental illness, violence and despair,  along with the destruction of our cities.  Show us how the consensus building you crave is done.

Thank you so very much for illustrating perfectly the point I raised above about you ducking inconvenient issues. There already was a thread in which a ton of us said exactly why this particular idea of Trump's was terrible, and discussing what should be done instead. What was missing, and what is still missing, is your defense of this specific idea offered by Trump.  But instead of defending that specific Trump proposal on its merits, you again try to flip it around and ask other people what their alternative ideas are, even though we already did that.

Sorry, Homey doesn't play that game.  You want to defend Trump, then you defend this specific idea of having 10 massive government planned "Freedom Cities"  set up in national parks, complete with personal helicopters for transportation.

Just try, for once, to directly defend that idea on its own merits, and tell us why it is a good idea that we should want to implement.

@Maj. Bill Martin   Just how far are you willing to sell out America for a conflict that isn't ours and advances no national interest?

I've explained many, many times, in many threads, exactly why I believe arming Ukraine is in the US national interests.  I don't believe that Trump's position is based on the US national interest. I think Trump's position is based on him valuing personal relationships with people over everything else. If you have a good relationship with Trump, you're the good guy. If you don't, then you're not. Putin flatters him, Kim flatters him, so they're good guys.  Conservative Republicans like Kemp and DeSantis, who don't kiss his butt, become worse than liberal Democrats.

With Trump, everything is personal and nothing is principled, including his siding with Russia over Ukraine.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 05:07:48 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

There have been bucket loads of threads here regarding various Trump comments that have bothered many conservatives.  Instead of addressing those comments directly, you routinely attempt to hijack those discussions by bringing in matters unrelated to the point being discussed.  You'll either start attacking other candidates, or bringing up something about Trump that has nothing to do with the particular statement he made, or action in which he engaged. 

Everyone here has seen you do that repeatedly, and I'm not going to regurgitate every Trump critique that has been posted here.  You had your chances, and it is of no interest to me to have discussions with you that I've already had with other people.

But just for one example among many, many incidents, there's what he said to Georgia voters about the Georgia gubernatorial election between the incumbent Republican Kemp, and challenger Stacey Abrams:

Stacey Abrams over Brian Kemp - that's Trump.

Yes, and Trump's "ideas" include a bunch of big government, centralized-planning monstrosities that any decent conservative would reject out of hand.  Which is exactly why his reelection is so scary.

Thank You so very much for illustrating perfectly The point I raised above about you ducking inconvenient issues. They're already was a thread in which a ton of us said exactly why this idea didn't work. What was what was missing, and what is still missing, is your defense of this specific idea offered by Trump.  But instead of defending that specific Trump proposal on its merits, you again try to flip it around and ask other people what their alternative ideas are.

Sorry, Homey doesn't play that game.  You want to defend Trump, then you defend his specific idea having 10 massive government planned "Freedom Cities" cities set up in national Parks, complete with personal helicopters for transportation.

Just try, for once, to directly defend that idea on its own merits, and tell us why it is a good idea that we should want to implement.

I've explained many, many times, in many threads, exactly why I believe arming Ukraine is in the US national interests.  I don't believe that Trump's position is based on the US national interest. I think Trump's position is based on him valuing personal relationships with people over everything else. If you have a good relationship with Trump, you're the good guy. If you don't, then you're not. Putin flatters him, Kim flatters him, so they're good guys.  Conservative Republicans like Kemp and DeSantis, who don't kiss his butt, become worse than liberal Democrats.

With Trump, everything is personal and nothing is principled, including his siding with Russia over Ukraine

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

IMO, the other candidates are running not for 2024 but 2028. The hope is people will tire of a Democrat in the WH by then and they might then take a closer look at the GOP

Yup.  Use Congress to stymie Biden, then go after leftism again in 2026 and 2028 when Trump is nothing but a bad memory.

Offline Kamaji

Yup.  Use Congress to stymie Biden, then go after leftism again in 2026 and 2028 when Trump is nothing but a bad memory.

:thumbsup:

Online libertybele

That’s also Trump’s advantage.

Again, IF we don't seat a conservative this time around, we're not going to make it to 2028.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

It’s more than just the MAGA cities and the MAGA baby bonuses. It’s a window  of what a Trump second term would look like, what his governing philosophy would be or what he believes it should be, and it’s more centralization. And as we have seen,planned cities and central planning in general, eventually fails

“What’s your plan for the problems in our cities” asks the MAGA voter. First, the problem in the cities, stems from the problem of lax law enforcement and soft on crime policies. Secondly, issues with cities needs to be solved at the local level or, at the most, state level. And thirdly, the issue in the cities is a long-term, very deep problem that has its roots in the so called “Great Society.”  We had the Model Cities Program that was a Federal attempt to improve the cities that have become an obvious failure

The people who reside in our inner cities are determined to vote for their failure and you can’t stop people from voting a certain way. So until those people change their voting patterns, you can have all the MAGA cities and baby bonuses in the world and the cities will still be a mess.

Trump has more in common with Lyndon Johnson than Barry Goldwater, Calvin Coolidge or even Reagan

:thumbsup:

Online Right_in_Virginia

Ron is extremely intelligent and the success he has demonstrated in FL is unmatched by any candidate running and that includes Trump's.

The best thing RDS has done is proving how important it is to vote in local elections.

Online LMAO

Again, IF we don't seat a conservative this time around, we're not going to make it to 2028.

We are a nation thats well over 200 years old. Survived a lot

I doubt one to four years will be our ruin
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 04:35:17 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Right_in_Virginia

There have been bucket loads of threads here regarding various Trump comments that have bothered many conservatives

So, strength, conviction, accomplishments, peace and prosperity all take the back seat to style and feelings in your car.  Since you're happy with it, there's no need for further discussion.

Yes, because he is completely untethered to any political principles or philosophy.

This is simply untrue.  Trump is untethered from your preferred political speech ---- your style over substance preference.  Trump speaks in the language of common sense rather than the language of ancients in conservative thought. 

Trump has breathed new life and enthusiasm into the conservative principles of freedom, fair national and global economics, superior military strength used at our calling to protect our interests,  the unwavering right to sovereignty and to protect it in all ways possible, a judiciary rooted in the US Constitution.

His words and actions resonate with people---- the ones conservative ancients and their heirs never seem to remember.

Sorry, Homey doesn't play that game.  You want to defend Trump, then you defend this specific idea of having 10 massive government planned "Freedom Cities"  set up in national Parks, complete with personal helicopters for transportation. Just try, for once, to directly defend that idea on its own merits, and tell us why it is a good idea that we should want to implement.

I wasn't trying to defend the proposals.  I was sincerely interested in your ideas for fixing severe problems in our society that are costing us the health of a generation as well as our cities.  You mention these particular proposals in almost all of your posts, so you must have given this a fair amount of thought. 

Often Trump will introduce a new take on an existing problem as round one of an ongoing dialogue and negotiations ----- as he did with curbing illegal immigration back in 2015/2016.  I was simply inviting you to join the dialogue.  You've declined.  So be it.  :shrug:

I've explained many, many times, in many threads, exactly why I believe arming Ukraine is in the US national interests.

Yes, I am aware of this --- and you are aware I disagree with your belief.  But, this has nothing to do with the question I asked.  I wanted to know how far down the river you're willing to sell American peace and economic/military security to continue fighting for your Ukrainian cause.

With Trump, everything is personal and nothing is principled, including his siding with Russia over Ukraine.

With Trump, everything is America and her interests first.  I consider this the top conviction in the POTUS.  In the current European border flare-up, he is not siding with Russia over Ukraine. Trump is siding with and on behalf of American citizens.

BTW, I noticed you skipped over this part of my post.  Was this intentional or an oversight:

Where is your acknowledgement of a global order aligned against him from Russia, Russia, Russia to Impeachment I, to economics, to freedom from global regulations?  Where is your mention of the national Uniparty using the full power of federal lawfare without ceasing to remove him, the 24/7 legacy media conglomerate lying about him at every turn on every issue and action and promoting the narratives of his literal enemies?

Where is your admission that inspite of all of this, the man stood tall, stayed true to his oath, the Constitution, never lost faith in the American people and kept the promises he made to them?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@Right_in_Virginia

Your response is an utter joke.  Here's what you said to me earlier:

What has offended you?  Please, stop alluding and spell it out so there can be a discussion.

In direct response to that, I then posted - as just one example -  a quote from Trump and a link regarding what he said about Stacey Abrams and Brian Kemp.  Which you have just ignored completely in your lengthy response.  It couldn't be a more perfect illustration of your approach here.  You ask for a specific example to start a discussion that you requested, and then you just completely ignore that response in favor of asking more questions of your own because it was a negative about Trump you didn't want to address.  You must have gone to some seminar or something where they tell you "never discuss what your opponent wants to discuss", because you never do.   And then you went on to do the exact same thing again with the Freedom Cities, once again refusing to defend that idea on its own merits.

It's amazing.  Prior to answering your question about what Trump comments I didn't like, I said this:

And you freaking did it yet again!!  Didn't address the Abrams comment, won't defend the Freedom Cities, but instead raise a bunch of other Trump qualities you think are good ones and ask "but what about these"?  Oh, and just for poops and giggles before putting you on ignore, I'm going to do what you never do and address your final question that you repeated, despite you once again ducking out on addressing the points I raised in response to your request for a "discussion".

Where is your acknowledgement of a global order aligned against him from Russia, Russia, Russia to Impeachment I, to economics, to freedom from global regulations?  Where is your mention of the national Uniparty using the full power of federal lawfare without ceasing to remove him, the 24/7 legacy media conglomerate lying about him at every turn on every issue and action and promoting the narratives of his literal enemies?

Where is it????  I have said in a bunch of these threads that I believe that the investigations against Trump are unfair, unethical and should never have been brought.  I have said that the DOJ was politicized against him right from the start.  However, in many cases it is own intellectual laziness and lack of self-discipline that has handed the left the weapons they've been using against him.  He's made it easy on them by being the shallow-thinking, undisciplined, narcissistic goober that he is.

More importantly, the fact that he has been unfairly persecuted doesn't make Trump any more qualified to be President.  It doesn't make his policies better, it doesn't make his stupid statements and stupid ideas any better, it doesn't make him any better at selecting and managing properly the right subordinates, and it doesn't mean he'd be good for the country.  It just means he's an unfairly persecuted dope who wouldn't be fit for office even if he wasn't persecuted.

ETA:  And now you're on ignore.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 06:55:37 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

Your response is an utter joke.

This is quite shocking coming from you.  888blackhat

Offline Kamaji

Trump is not, and never has been, a conservative.  He is a grifter, a seducer, who finds his marks' weak spots, and then exploits them for his own personal gain.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Trump is not, and never has been, a conservative.  He is a grifter, a seducer, who finds his marks' weak spots, and then exploits them for his own personal gain.

I honestly believe he just enjoys seeing how much he can get people to like him.  It's like he was utterly fascinated by the point he made about being able to shoot someone in the middle of the street, and certain people still loving him.  He lives for the adulation of the crowd, like a narcissistic Roman Emperor.  Whatever he can say or do to prove to himself how much certain people will love him, that's exactly what he does.

It's one of the things that makes him so completely untrustworthy moving forward.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 06:57:33 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online libertybele

Trump had us energy independent, the border was fairly under control, unemployment for Blacks and Latinos was the lowest in history, shelves were full and he had respect from other foreign leaders.  Perhaps not fiscally conservative (in part due to COVID) but I saw him as more conservative than 'W'.  He had this country headed in the right direction and he displayed patriotism.

Yes he has flaws as well and made some huge mistakes and I do believe he needs to stand down and campaign for candidates rather than knocking them down.