Author Topic: Ron DeSantis Pledges to Support Donald Trump if He Wins GOP Nomination  (Read 2685 times)

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Trump had us energy independent, the border was fairly under control, unemployment for Blacks and Latinos was the lowest in history, shelves were full and he had respect from other foreign leaders.  Perhaps not fiscally conservative (in part due to COVID) but I saw him as more conservative than 'W'.  He had this country headed in the right direction and he displayed patriotism.

Yes he has flaws as well and made some huge mistakes and I do believe he needs to stand down and campaign for candidates rather than knocking them down.

I think that was the GOP Congress - led at the time by two guys Trump absolutely hates - that got us there.  And with the big spending Trump has been proposing, he'd be taking us in the opposite direction this time around.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Trump is not, and never has been, a conservative.  He is a grifter, a seducer, who finds his marks' weak spots, and then exploits them for his own personal gain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ6nF6JKtRc

"That's it!  Let the HATE flow through you!" 

happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Kamaji

Trump had us energy independent, the border was fairly under control, unemployment for Blacks and Latinos was the lowest in history, shelves were full and he had respect from other foreign leaders.  Perhaps not fiscally conservative (in part due to COVID) but I saw him as more conservative than 'W'.  He had this country headed in the right direction and he displayed patriotism.

Yes he has flaws as well and made some huge mistakes and I do believe he needs to stand down and campaign for candidates rather than knocking them down. 

No, most of those things took place on his watch, but not because of his personal efforts, other than not f**king things up. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I think that was the GOP Congress - led at the time by two guys Trump absolutely hates - that got us there.

No, most of those things took place on his watch, but not because of his personal efforts, other than not f**king things up.

You're both dead wrong.

The only involvement Congress had was in slashing Trump's request for funding to build the wall ----- which the President found a way around.

Everything else:  Remain in Mexico, 18,000 Mexican soldiers protecting against invaders from their side of the wall, separate Safe Third Country Agreements with Guatamala, Honduras and El Salvador ---- all negotiated and implemented by Trump.

Congress, as usual, was AWOL.  Trump singlehandedly took actions to secure our borders. 

« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 08:26:22 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline LMAO

who finds his marks' weak spots, and then exploits them for his own personal gain.

The Art of the Deal,” 1987: The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people’s fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That’s why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole. It’s an innocent form of exaggeration — and a very effective form of promotion.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online berdie

From what I have read, the other candidates have to agree to support the eventual nominee in order to participate in the debates...per Ronna WhatsHerName. So why would this be a big deal? :shrug:

Offline ScottinVA

@ScottinVA

LOL!

Only ONE of them was running for re-election as the President of the US. The other one was running for re-election in Florida,and had to ask Trump to come and campaign for him to save his ass.

Oh, FFS, the only reason that election was as close as it was is because Trump had turned off multitudes of voters.  Remember, 2018 was the year the GOP lost both houses of Congress. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
OK @sneakypete you keep repeating the same talking point --where is your proof that he asked Trump to campaign for him.

That is untrue.

@libertybele

So,you are claiming that Trump just forced his way into Fla to campaign for DeSanctimonious,instead of being asked to come in and campaign for and with him?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That’s also Trump’s advantage.

IMO, the other candidates are running not for 2024 but 2028. The hope is people will tire of a Democrat in the WH by then and they might then take a closer look at the GOP

@LMAO

I hope I am wrong,but I don't think there will be any more actual elections if the Dims take the WH again this cycle. They have already mastered how to manufacture enough votes to win in key areas,and there just won't be any stopping them in the future unless the Republicans can defeat them this time.

Sadly,given their experience at manufacturing enough votes to win national elections,I am not sure anybody running as a Republican can get elected President at this point.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump is not, and never has been, a conservative.  He is a grifter, a seducer, who finds his marks' weak spots, and then exploits them for his own personal gain.

@Kamaji

Class envy is never pretty.

Offline LMAO

Remember, 2018 was the year the GOP lost both houses of Congress.

The Democrats took just the House of Representatives in 2018. They also gained governorships that year

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

The Democrats took just the House of Representatives in 2018. They also gained governorships that year

Governorships are most important. I hope the GOP gains some conservative governors.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Governorships are most important. I hope the GOP gains some conservative governors.

I think conservatives are going to be in the wilderness for a while, electorally speaking

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

I think conservatives are going to be in the wilderness for a while, electorally speaking

Well, if you are correct, then we lose our country as we know her.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Idiot

Well, if you are correct, then we lose we lost our country as we know her.

Offline LMAO

Well, if you are correct, then we lose our country as we know her.

Maybe. Or maybe not

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

Maybe. Or maybe not

Sooner or later you run out of other people's money...  :whistle: