Author Topic: Ron DeSantis Pledges to Support Donald Trump if He Wins GOP Nomination  (Read 2686 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ron DeSantis Pledges to Support Donald Trump if He Wins GOP Nomination

Jordan Dixon-Hamilton 11 Jul 2023

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) confirmed he would support former President Donald Trump — or any other Republican presidential candidate — should he lose the 2024 primary contest.

“I am going to support the Republican nominee,” DeSantis told Wisconsin Right Now podcast when asked if he would support Trump.

“At the end of the day, you go through these processes and voters make a decision and you live with it,” DeSantis added.

https://twitter.com/KristenhCNN/status/1678934948521160707

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2024-election/2023/07/11/ron-desantis-pledges-support-donald-trump-wins-gop-nomination/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Chickenshit Trump will never make the same promise, because he has no honor.

Offline Idiot

Chickenshit Trump will never make the same promise, because he has no honor.
Bingo!

Offline libertybele

As a voter, I can't say that I can say the same thing. I don't think that I'll have to make that decision anyways as I don't think he's going to be the GOP nominee.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I understand DeSantis' position - he's a candidate participating in his party's primary and believes he needs to respect the process.

Us voters aren't in that same position, though.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
And that's what DeSantis has to do, because it's the honorable and necessary thing to do.

Problem for the voters is that voting for a Trump victory is voting for four more years of this:

The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

And that's what DeSantis has to do, because it's the honorable and necessary thing to do.

Problem for the voters is that voting for a Trump victory is voting for four more years of this:

Would that we would get something that good out of another Trump administration.

Offline ScottinVA

DeSantis is an honorable man and is showing it here, even though Trump has been spewing bushels of lies about him. 

Offline Kamaji

DeSantis is an honorable man and is showing it here, even though Trump has been spewing bushels of lies about him. 

:thumbsup:

Offline Idiot

Character matters, oh wait, not in Trump's case.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Versus the orange piece of shit who wouldn't do the same.

Me? F Trump...I am voting for a conservative 3rd party alternative candidate come November '24.  No thanks for Freedom Cities and bonus babies.  Trump's just more of Biden....  just orange.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@ScottinVA

HorseHillary! He is a back-stabbing little bitch out for nobody but himself,and the only reason he is saying this is because he now realizes he is going to lose,and needs to protect what he already has.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Versus the orange piece of shit who wouldn't do the same.

Me? F Trump...I am voting for a conservative 3rd party alternative candidate come November '24.  No thanks for Freedom Cities and bonus babies.  Trump's just more of Biden....  just orange.

@catfish1957

And worse of all,he's Rich,Rude,and Orange!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

If I thought it would be just four inconsequential years of nothing, I'd have no issue voting for him.  I just think it will be much worse than that.

I'll vote 3rd party or just downticket if Trump is the nominee.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So DeSantis will lose and Trump can't win.  So you are electing Biden then, lololol.

@Jack Russell

WOW! *I* am electing Biden?

Who knew I had that sort of power?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If I thought it would be just four inconsequential years of nothing, I'd have no issue voting for him.  I just think it will be much worse than that.

I'll vote 3rd party or just downticket if Trump is the nominee.

@Maj. Bill Martin

THERE is a clever plan!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@Maj. Bill Martin

THERE is a clever plan!

To be honest, I think Trump will be worse for the country long-term.  I just can't bring myself to vote for Biden.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
To be honest, I think Trump will be worse for the country long-term.  I just can't bring myself to vote for Biden.

@Maj. Bill Martin

I think you are wrong. I think a "bomb thrower" in the WH is exactly what we need to wake people up.

Trump is and will be the only non-professional politician running,and his ONLY goal is to get written up in the history books as "The President that saved America".

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@Maj. Bill Martin

I think you are wrong. I think a "bomb thrower" in the WH is exactly what we need to wake people up.

Trump is and will be the only non-professional politician running,and his ONLY goal is to get written up in the history books as "The President that saved America".

First, I think we are likely to keep GOP control of at least one house of Congress, so I don't expect Biden could do as much harm and I think we'd be poised for a huge win in 2028.

As for Trump, you call him a "non-professional politician".   I have zero problem with someone not being a professional politician , but I truly believe Trump is both dumb and intellectually lazy.  He doesn't put in the effort necessary to figure out how the system works, and doesn't even care.  The man doesn't even read.  Even if I assumed he had all the right goals and intentions, he lacks the capability to implement them.

He's also a terrible judge of character and will sell Ukraine down the river the moment he's elected.

I just can't vote for that.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 02:18:50 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Now Now, Trump is more than just Orange... He waves a rainbow flag, places transexuals in pageants and invites them to use whatever restroom they want in his own hotels. He is mushy on the 2nd amendment like playdo. Some here say "He wants to save America"... but all I have seen is the circus that centers around him come to town. It is beyond a joke.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
First, I think we are likely to keep GOP control of at least one house of Congress, so I don't expect Biden could do as much harm and I think we'd be poised for a huge win in 2028.

As for Trump, you call him a "non-professional politician".   I have zero problem with someone not being a professional politician , but I truly believe Trump is both dumb and intellectually lazy.  He doesn't put in the effort necessary to figure out how the system works, and doesn't even care.  The man doesn't even read.  Even if I assumed he had all the right goals and intentions, he lacks the capability to implement them.

He's also a terrible judge of character and will sell Ukraine down the river the moment he's elected.

I just can't vote for that.

@Maj. Bill Martin

He is neither dumb nor lazy. What he is,is a career businessman who is trying to treat politics like a business deal,and that just doesn't work. If anything,politics is the opposite of business,other than the under the table stuff that never gets mentioned.

I support him BECAUSE he is a verbal "bomb thrower",and because the ONLY thing he really  cares about  is how he gets written about in the history books. He can't be bribed because he is already wealthy and cares more about the ego gratification he would get from getting elected again than any amount of money.

What he REALLY needs to do is wake up and realize he is not in the business world,but in a political campaign,and convincing people is more effective than beating them up and backing them into  corner.

The BIG reason I support him is that if he,or someone very much  like him,isn't elected as President,chances are all our leaders afterwards will be appointed by Congress,not elected,and we well all be nothing but serfs. I honestly think if another career politician becomes our next President,America is OVER.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

@sneakypete

He is neither dumb nor lazy.

The man doesn't read.  Maybe he's just super ADHD or something, but not reading is cardinal sin if you're educated enough to do so and in a position of leadership.  Especially if you know that you lack relevant knowledge.

What he is a career businessman who is trying to treat politics like a business deal,and that just doesn't work. If anything, politics is the opposite of business, other than the under the table stuff that never gets mentioned.

I don't think the personal way in which he conducted business translates to politics, so we agree there.

I support him BECAUSE he is a verbal "bomb thrower",and because the ONLY thing he really  cares about  is how he gets written about in the history books. He can't be bribed because he is already wealthy and cares more about the ego gratification he would get from getting elected again than any amount of money.

And I get that is a lot of his appeal.  But one person's "verbal bomb thrower" is another person's "egotistical blowhard".

What he REALLY needs to do is wake up and realize he is not in the business world,but in a political campaign,and convincing people is more effective than beating them up and backing them into  corner.

Now here's where we absolutely agree.  I voted for him in 2016 hoping and expecting that he'd wake up.  I thought maybe it was a bit of an act, and he would buckle down, really learn the job, and do what needed to be done.  But...he stayed exactly the same.  I mean, I saw literally zero growth from him from 2017 through 2020. 

So when 2020 rolled around, he was the nominee, and I figured he did more harm than good the first time so I might as well give him a second.  But the way he behaved since the election, all the things he's said, and most importantly, the policies he has advanced that just weren't there in his first term -- the "Freedom Cities", massive government rehab facilities, and Ukraine...I just can't get there.  Selling Ukraine down the river for (take your pick) a verbal bomb-thrower/egotistical blowhard?  Massive government-planned cities being set up in former National Parks??

I just...can't.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 03:16:09 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I voted for him in 2016 hoping and expecting that he'd wake up.  I thought maybe it was a bit of an act, and he would buckle down, really learn the job, and do what needed to be done.  But...he stayed exactly the same.  I mean, I saw literally zero growth from him from 2017 through 2020.  So when 2020 rolled around, he was the nominee, and I figured he did more harm than good the first time so I might as well give him a second. 

Where is your acknowledgement of a global order aligned against him from Russia, Russia, Russia to Impeachment I, to economics, to freedom from global regulations?  Where is your mention of the national Uniparty using the full power of federal lawfare without ceasing to remove him, the 24/7 legacy media conglomerate lying about him at every turn on every issue and action and promoting the narratives of his literal enemies?

Where is your admission that inspite of all of this, the man stood tall, stayed true to his oath, the Constitution, never lost faith in the American people and kept the promises he made to them?

But the way he behaved since the election, all the things he's said

What has offended you?  Please, stop alluding and spell it out so there can be a discussion.

the policies he has advanced that just weren't there in his first term -- the "Freedom Cities", massive government rehab facilities

With Trump, the arena of ideas is open to you.  Present your alternative to stopping the loss of a generation to drugs, mental illness, violence and despair,  along with the destruction of our cities.  Show us how the consensus building you crave is done ----  .

Selling Ukraine down the river for (take your pick) a verbal bomb-thrower/egotistical blowhard?

Perspective @Maj. Bill Martin   Just how far are you willing to sell out America for a conflict that isn't ours and advances no national interest?

« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 06:26:09 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Kamaji

Offline ScottinVA

@ScottinVA

HorseHillary! He is a back-stabbing little bitch out for nobody but himself,and the only reason he is saying this is because he now realizes he is going to lose,and needs to protect what he already has.

Well now… it appears I’ve hit a nerve here.  Horsehillary back at you.  DeSantis didn’t owe jackshit to Trump. Backstabbing and sophomoric namecalling have been almost exclusively Trump’s forte from the start.  Further.. let’s not forget.. between the two of them, only one has won re-election, and that sure as hell isn’t the poisonous Trump, who will never win elective office again.  Finally, I have an appreciation for candidates who have served their country in uniform as DeSantis did; Trump didn’t.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 09:51:17 am by ScottinVA »