Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Manson family killer Leslie Van Houten, 73, is released from prison after serving 53  (Read 1727 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BREAKING NEWS: Manson family killer Leslie Van Houten, 73, is released from prison after serving 53 years of a life sentence

Leslie Van Houten walked out of a California prison on Tuesday
    She was driven to transitional housing, her attorney Nancy Tetreault said
    It comes after governor Gavin Newsom said he would not the parole release

By Germania Rodriguez Poleo For Dailymail.Com

Published: 16:15 EDT, 11 July 2023 | Updated: 16:42 EDT, 11 July 2023

Leslie Van Houten walked out of a California prison Tuesday after serving 53 years of a life sentence for her participation in two of the infamous Manson murders.

The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation said Van Houten 'was released to parole supervision' and driven to transitional housing.

The convicted killer is expected to spend about a year in transitional housing, learning basic skills such as how to go to the grocery store and get a debit card, according to her attorney Nancy Tetreault.

'She´s still trying to get used to the idea that this real,' the lawyer said.

Van Houten's release comes just four days after Democratic Governor Gavin Newsom announced he would not fight a state appeals court ruling that Van Houten should be granted parole. He said it was unlikely the state Supreme Court would consider an appeal.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12288515/Charles-Manson-cult-follower-Leslie-Van-Houten-73-released-prison.html?ito=push-notification&ci=pmYPNVq8cr&cri=aT_5MaYyuZ&si=zvuP_nMxfAwg&xi=8333e08e-6764-4a18-81e6-f6889f219e89&ai=12288515
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Van Houten was 19 when she and other cult members knifed the couple as part of Manson's deranged plan to incite a race war by terrifying Los Angeles with a killing spree.

She has shared how she held Rosemary down as she was murdered before stabbing her in the stomach 16 times.

The slayings happened the day after Manson followers killed actress Sharon Tate and four others. Van Houten did not participate in the Tate killings.

Van Houten was first sentenced to death for her crimes but her sentence was reduced to life in prison after capital punishment was outlawed in California in 1972.

888mouth
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I remember reading Helter Skelter..I couldn't sleep for days...worried about those *creepy crawlers*..
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Would she be getting the same leniency if she was minority and male?  ... just saying.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online libertybele

She served 53 years in prison.  She is being released to a transitional housing.  Transitional housing, then to where?? Then what??  Job training??  Seriously?  I realize she's in CA and things are very liberal, but who is going to hire her or rent to her??  Maybe she'll wind up on the streets of San Fran.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She served 53 years in prison.  She is being released to a transitional housing.  Transitional housing, then to where?? Then what??  Job training??  Seriously?  I realize she's in CA and things are very liberal, but who is going to hire her or rent to her??  Maybe she'll wind up on the streets of San Fran.

They'll offer up a professorship at Harvard.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline mountaineer

I wondered about her co-defendant Patricia Krenwinkel. This is what wikipedia says:
Krenwinkel was granted parole on May 26, 2022. On October 14, 2022, Governor Gavin Newsom reversed the decision, citing the continued threat she would pose to society if released.

As of June, 2023, Krenwinkel remains incarcerated at the California Institution for Women in the Chino district of Corona, California. Her next parole hearing is scheduled for November 17, 2023.
So perhaps she'll be getting out, too, assuming her attys did the same as Van Houten's.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

They'll offer up a professorship at Harvard.

No doubt teaching criminal justice.  happy77
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 11:02:23 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
She has spent so long in prison that prison is all she knows,and she will remain a prisoner in her mind until the day she dies.

At 73,there is no way in hell she can adapt to life in modern America. Not only that,but she is too old to work,and even if she wasn't,so has no job skills.

She will spend the rest of her life hiding in a half-way house somewhere.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

She has spent so long in prison that prison is all she knows,and she will remain a prisoner in her mind until the day she dies.

At 73,there is no way in hell she can adapt to life in modern America. Not only that,but she is too old to work,and even if she wasn't,so has no job skills.

She will spend the rest of her life hiding in a half-way house somewhere.

A half-way house at best, most likely she'll wind up on the streets.

Offline mountaineer

I wonder if a publisher will make an offer for her story (like OJ).

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
A half-way house at best, most likely she'll wind up on the streets.

@libertybele

Maybe,but I think she will be so helpless when it comes to making decisions that she will be kept in a half-way house for her own good. Maybe go out shopping with others or do similar things on occasion,but as far as taking care of herself,she is as helpless as a child by now.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I wonder if a publisher will make an offer for her story (like OJ).

@mountaineer

I have no doubt about that,or a movie being made from the book.

Hollywood is THERE if there is money to be made.

Online Hoodat

She's been institutionalized.  She won't survive outside prison.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
She and the rest should have been taking dirt naps decades ago.

Online Kamaji

Model who was nearly Manson victim slams follower’s prison release

By Nicholas McEntyre
July 12, 2023

As Charles Manson’s follower Leslie Van Houten was released from a California prison Tuesday, one of the cult’s potential victims spoke out, calling it a “sad day.”

Ava Roosevelt, a former model, who had been invited to Roman Polanski and Sharon Tate’s mansion the night of the Manson murders on August 9, 1969, does not believe Van Houten is capable of rehabilitation, even after 53 years behind bars.

“I don’t believe a person that’s capable of committing such a heinous crime can ever be rehabilitated, that kind of thing is ingrained in your DNA,” Ava Roosevelt told the US Sun.

“It’s a sad day for me, it really is, because I don’t think justice has been served for Sharon and the other victims at all.”

Van Houten, who was 19 years old at the time, was arrested and charged in the killings of Leno and Rosemary LaBianca the night after the murders of Tate and her guests.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/12/leslie-van-houtens-prison-release-slammed-by-potential-manson-victim-ava-roosevelt/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

She should die in prison ... part of a conspiracy to commit multiple mass murders to start a race war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_8WwX6P26Y
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nephew of Charles Manson victim Jay Sebring slams Leslie Van Houten’s release
Olivia Land

The nephew of the celebrity hairstylist who was murdered by Charles Manson devotee Leslie Van Houten and other followers of the cult leader slammed the septuagenarian’s parole, saying release of the “cold-blooded killer” will set a “dangerous, pernicious precedent.”

“My thoughts are with the victims, all the victims and all of our families,” actor and producer Anthony DiMaria told CNN’s Laura Coates as Van Houten was released from prison after more than 50 years Tuesday.

“As Leslie collectively tortured, conspired, and killed her victims, so too our families are collectively bound by the loss and suffering of her crimes.”

DiMaria, 57, was only 3 years old on Aug. 8, 1969, when his uncle, Hollywood hairdresser Jay Sebring, and five others were stabbed to death by a group of Manson followers at actress Sharon Tate’s rented house in Los Angeles’ Benedict Canyon.

The following night, another group of “Family” members, including Van Houten, mutilated and murdered grocery executive Leno LaBianca and his wife, Rosemary, at their Los Feliz home.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/07/12/jay-sebrings-nephew-slams-leslie-van-houtens-release/
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

She should die in prison ... part of a conspiracy to commit multiple mass murders to start a race war.
That was so crazy - literally - that Manson thought he'd start a race war, that everyone would think the murders were committed by black men.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't know why so many  people are getting upset about this.

Being in prison is the ONLY life this woman knows now,and being out and free to wander around and make her own decisions will scare the hell out of her. Even  if she is housed in a shelter somewhere.

It won't be long before she either kills herself,or purposely commits a crime to violate her probation so she can go back to prison and "feel safe and comfortable again".

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I don't know why so many  people are getting upset about this.

Being in prison is the ONLY life this woman knows now,and being out and free to wander around and make her own decisions will scare the hell out of her. Even  if she is housed in a shelter somewhere.

It won't be long before she either kills herself,or purposely commits a crime to violate her probation so she can go back to prison and "feel safe and comfortable again".

Or, being nineteen years old and doing LSD & mushrooms at the time, she may have sincerely turned her life around.

Just throwing it out there....   :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Kamaji

Or, being nineteen years old and doing LSD & mushrooms at the time, she may have sincerely turned her life around.

Just throwing it out there....   :shrug:

That is a possibility as well.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Like Jussie Smalett
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

She and the rest should have been taking dirt naps decades ago.

YEP. She ought to have lost the right to be suckin air back in the 70s.

Consider the cost of keeping her incarcerated all this time... so giving her an extra hole back then would have been a twofer.