Author Topic: Bank of America fined for junk fees and fake accounts  (Read 415 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Bank of America fined for junk fees and fake accounts
« on: July 11, 2023, 06:35:41 pm »
I had to deal with them when I first started working in banking and finance -- worst bank ever to deal with!

Bank of America fined for junk fees and fake accounts

Bank of America has been ordered to pay out $150m (£116m) in penalties after it was found to have opened credit cards without customers' permission.

Regulators also discovered the bank "double-dipped" fees from customers and withheld promised reward bonuses.

The violations at the US's second largest bank affect hundreds of thousands of customers and date back to 2012 in some cases, regulators said.

Bank of America has not admitted or denied the investigation's findings.

The bank has been ordered to refund customers and pay a total of $150m in penalties to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC).

Customer refunds are expected to be worth more than $80m, the CFPB said.

The regulator said Bank of America illegally applied for and enrolled consumers in credit card accounts without their knowledge or authorisation to help bank employees reach sales incentive goals.............

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-66167474
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Bank of America fined for junk fees and fake accounts
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2023, 09:51:24 pm »
Sounds like Bank of American has been takin' lessons from Wells Fargo...

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Bank of America fined for junk fees and fake accounts
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2023, 10:33:12 pm »
Sounds like R.I.C.O.  Some executives need to go to prison ... or, they could make substantial contribution to Congressmens' and Seantors' favorite PAC's and SuperPAC's.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright