Author Topic: Over half of New York’s beaches were contaminated with poop — but almost all remained open  (Read 457 times)

Online Kamaji

Over half of New York’s beaches were contaminated with poop — but almost all remained open: report

By MaryAnn Martinez
July 10, 2023

More than half of New York beaches are contaminated by poop and sewage, according to a shocking report by Environment America.

The group found 57% the 344 state beaches it tested in 2022 had at least one day where “fecal contamination” reached potentially unsafe levels, surpassing the Environmental Protection Agency’s benchmark for beach advisories and closures.

The pollution on Empire State coasts is from human and animal waste dumped into the ocean from sewage overflows, factory farms and industrial livestock operations, the environmental organization explained.

Figures released by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, which tests the waters and issues advisories, showed only one public beach in the city had been closed in 2022 due to bad water quality.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/10/over-half-of-new-yorks-beaches-contaminated-with-poop-report/

Online mountaineer

Ewww.

The pollution on Empire State coasts is from human and animal waste dumped into the ocean from sewage overflows, factory farms and industrial livestock operations, the environmental organization explained.
Are they also dumping waste into Lake Erie?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 04:04:33 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Nothing like a shitty day at the beach.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Kamaji

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Nothing like a corrupt left wing dim not to enforce E. Coli standards when they expect the same when they swim the beaches in Florida.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I wonder what George Carlin would say about this?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"The pollution on Empire State coasts is from human and animal waste dumped into the ocean from sewage overflows, factory farms and industrial livestock operations, the environmental organization explained."

Huh ???

There aren't any "factory farms" or "industrial livestock operations" on the Connecticut side of Long Island Sound ... at all. The shoreline of the state is filled from one end to the other with VERY expensive real estate.

As to the north shore of Long Island, I can't say for sure, but if there are, they are probably few and far between.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

How's the used syringe, used condom, and used plastic tampon applicator situtations?

What's the beach Hepatitis forecast?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 10:45:54 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.