Author Topic: Bud Light sales plunge 28.5% ahead of July 4  (Read 445 times)

Online Kamaji

Bud Light sales plunge 28.5% ahead of July 4
« on: July 10, 2023, 06:07:00 pm »
Bud Light sales plunge 28.5% ahead of July 4, sister brands slammed in wake of Dylan Mulvaney disaster

By Lisa Fickenscher
July 10, 2023

Steep drops in demand for Bud Light accelerated ahead of the crucial Fourth of July weekend — and parent Anheuser-Busch’s other beer brands also took a turn for the worse, according to the latest data.

Bud Light sales plunged 28.5% for the week ended July 1 — slightly worse than the 27.9% decline they suffered the previous week — as the nation’s No. 1 beer brand continues to take a beating over its ill-fated partnership with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

To make matters worse, Bud Light’s woes recently appear to have “infected” its sister brands at Anheuser Busch, according to Bump Williams, whose eponymous consulting firm crunched the latest numbers from NielsenIQ.

Sales of Michelob Ultra — the nation’s No. 3 beer last year — were down by 4.3% in the week ended July 1 while Busch Light sales were down 8.5%, according to the Bump Williams Consulting and NielsonIQ data.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/10/bud-light-sales-plunge-28-5-ahead-of-july-4-sister-brands-also-hit/

Offline roamer_1

Re: Bud Light sales plunge 28.5% ahead of July 4
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 06:17:35 pm »
[...] as the nation’s No. 1 beer brand continues to take a beating over its ill-fated partnership with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

Nope... not anywhere near number one... Number fourteen, last I looked - Not even in the top ten.

How the mighty have fallen. They had to drop by a quarter or better in distribution for anyone to get close... Now 14th.

And the stockholders get their say this month. Heads will certainly roll.
Get woke, go broke.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2023, 06:18:32 pm »
Nope... not anywhere near number one... Number fourteen, last I looked - Not even in the top ten.

How the mighty have fallen. They had to drop by a quarter or better in distribution for anyone to get close... Now 14th.

And the stockholders get their say this month. Heads will certainly roll.
Get woke, go broke.

Fair enough, but let's focus on the point of the article - the continued drop in sales.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 06:28:10 pm »
More than half the beer brands out there are Anheuser Busch.   :shrug:

A six-pack of Stella will sit in my fridge for months.  But I'm not giving it up.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2023, 06:30:00 pm »
Fair enough, but let's focus on the point of the article - the continued drop in sales.

Crazy, eh? They have probably actually exceeded 30% by now, excepting the sales that practically give the stuff away... 6 bucks (after rebate) for a 30 pack... Cheaper than bottled water in some places, free or even paid-to-buy-it in others.

That counts as sales, but is really a massive loss.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2023, 06:30:09 pm »

A six-pack of Stella will sit in my fridge for months.  But I'm not giving it up.

Yuengling makes some good beers, and they're American beers as well.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2023, 06:42:48 pm »

It's really pretty painless for me. In the big brands I would fall firmly in the Molson/Coors camp... Miller Genuine Draft and Miller Lite being most likely my whole life long... And I've had my share of Coors and Coors Light...

But at any real venue I might attend - Really, any of them, from rodeos to hot rod shows, From mud bogs to round and quarter mile tracks... All of em, everywhere, Bud Light banners reign.   So yeah, I've drank my share of Butt Light, and then some.

That ubiquity is the thing that interests me most - What will those venues look like next year... Who can pick up the slack on all that? That's a whole lotta weight...

Already, as a readily recognized currency in beer fridges everywhere, I think they have fallen. I don't think I would show up at a shop after hours with a brown bag full of Transheiser products of any kind. Seriously - I wonder what will be the accepted currency now? Probably Coors Light around here.

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2023, 08:02:54 pm »
Bug Light schlitz'ed themselves.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.