Author Topic: Now This Is Sophistication! RFK Jr. Makes Insanely Cool Claim About The US Government  (Read 318 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Now This Is Sophistication! RFK Jr. Makes Insanely Cool Claim About The US Government

Andrew Powell
Contributor
July 10, 2023 12:00 AM ET

A bit scary, a bit insane, but also pretty cool.

If things would have gotten to the point of nuclear war during the Cuban Missile Crisis, the United States government was going to be living grade A — well, about as much as you can in the middle of nukes blasting you.

Over the decades of tension, the closest the Soviet Union and U.S. ever came to going to war was during the Cuban Missile Crisis. During that time, the Russians had nuclear weapons in Cuba, while here back at home, President John F. Kennedy and the United States were considering an invasion before ultimately deciding on a quarantine of the communist nation. From there, things fortunately de-escalated before we ever got to the tipping point of war.

Robert Kennedy, the father of Robert F. Kennedy Jr., was the Attorney General during the Cuban Missile Crisis, and because of that, both his wife and children were going to be relocated to a secret bunker … and it apparently had an entire city that featured a McDonald’s. So. Cool.

“We had U.S. Marshals come to our house to take us down…they were going to take us down to White Sulphur Springs in southern Virginia in the Blue Ridge Mountains where there was an underground city, essentially. A bunker, a city, apparently it had a McDonald’s in it. It was a full city for the U.S. government and their families,” said Kennedy Jr. to Lex Fridman during an interview.

more w/video
https://dailycaller.com/2023/07/10/robert-f-kennedy-jr-us-government-bunker-city-mcdonalds/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

“We had U.S. Marshals come to our house to take us down…they were going to take us down to White Sulphur Springs in southern Virginia in the Blue Ridge Mountains where there was an underground city, essentially. A bunker, a city, apparently it had a McDonald’s in it. It was a full city for the U.S. government and their families,” said Kennedy Jr. to Lex Fridman during an interview.

The Cuban Missile Crisis was in October 1962 (RFK Jr. was just 8YO). I kind of doubt that McDonald's was very big on the East Coast, yet, or if they had reached the East Coast yet.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Cuban Missile Crisis was in October 1962 (RFK Jr. was just 8YO). I kind of doubt that McDonald's was very big on the East Coast, yet, or if they had reached the East Coast yet.

My thought as well...but I do remember eating McDonalds in 62 in my home town..I was 11 then
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Saying it apparently had a McDonalds sounds a lot better than saying it had a Wimpys.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Kamaji

McDonald's began to open up locations on the East Coast in 1958, beginning with Hamden, CT.

They appear to have opened the first Mass.-based store in 1965, in Lowell, MA.

By 1960 there was a McDonalds in Montgomery County, MD, and apparently four others had previously opened in the Wash. DC metro area.

As a result, it is possible that RFK Jr. legitimately recalls McDonalds from back then.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
I listened to the Lex Fridman interview, and I recommend it to anyone who wants to know more about RFK Jr.  He really shows himself to be a thorough leftist.

Regarding the underground bunker, he was talking about one of the "continuity of government" locations that were completed in the late 50s. I have a vague memory that he might have mentioned the actual name, but I don't remember what it was (I was driving as I listened). It was either Mount Weather in northeastern Virginia, or the bunker under the Greenbriar Resort in West Virginia. There have been documentaries about both locations, and both have entries in Wikipedia as well.  I don't know if either one had a McDonald's in 1962, but it's possible that a McDonald's was added later, and he just mentioned it as an interesting factoid.  He does say that at the time of the Missile Crisis he did not get to see the bunker, although he really wanted to. His father decided it would be a bad look if the family fled Washington at the time of the crisis, so they stayed in D.C. until it was all over.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 07:36:33 pm by Ghost Bear »
Let it burn.

Offline PeteS in CA

My thought as well...but I do remember eating McDonalds in 62 in my home town..I was 11 then

Ray Kroc was based in Illinois.

I think the only fast-food chain in my home town before '62 or '63 was A & W, with car window service only. Foster's Freeze opened up in '62 or '63, and TB and DQ came a couple years later. I think M and BK came in the 70s.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 07:38:41 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ray Kroc was based in Illinois.

I think the only fast-food chain in my home town before '62 or '63 was A & W, with car window service only. Foster's Freeze opened up in '62 or '63, and TB and DQ came a couple years later. I think M and BK came in the 70s.

This was in Belleville, Il...I remember my Mom loading all 5 of us kids in the Chevy red station wagon and head to McDonalds...back then MickeyD's was really cheap...

adding

The original McDonalds is in Chicago....don't know if it is still open...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 07:44:01 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO