Author Topic: General Mark Milley’s Self-Aggrandizing Resignation Letter To Trump Is Released  (Read 392 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
General Mark Milley’s Self-Aggrandizing Resignation Letter To Trump Is Released
By  Ryan Saavedra

Aug 10, 2022   DailyWire.com

U.S. Army General Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, wrote a histrionic resignation letter to then-President Donald Trump after federal officials cleared rioters out of Lafayette Square back in the summer of 2020.

Then-Attorney General William Barr dismissed claims by the mainstream media that those in Lafayette Park were “peaceful protesters.” Barr noted that the rioters repeatedly assaulted police by throwing bricks and flammable liquids at the officers.

“There were fires set in not only St. John’s Church, but a historic building at Lafayette was burned down,” Barr said. “They broke into the Treasury Department … and they were injuring police.”

Barr further noted that what the media was missing about the incident was that “this was not an operation to respond to that particular crowd, it was an operation to move the perimeter one block.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/general-mark-milleys-self-aggrandizing-resignation-letter-to-trump-is-released
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
So, he didn't resign and decided to become a traitor instead!  He should face a military tribunal. 9999hair out0000
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

So, he didn't resign and decided to become a traitor instead!  He should face a military tribunal. 9999hair out0000

Yes, yes he should.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Technically, all officers serve "at the pleasure of the President." So you can offer your resignation, but if the President refuses to accept it, you can't just quit anyway. And in this case, Trump refuse to accept Milley's resignation.

I despise Milley, but he's still in office because Trump refused to accept his resignation, not because he was unwilling to resign.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 01:50:40 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Technically, all officers serve "at the pleasure of the President." So you can offer your resignation, but if the President refuses to accept it, you can't just quit anyway. And in this case, Trump refuse to accept Milley's resignation.

I despise Milley, but he's still in office because Trump refused to accept his resignation, not because he was unwilling to resign.

@Maj. Bill Martin

I blame this on his advisors. Trump didn't,and probably still doesn't,know much  about the military. His entire life-focus has been  on business matters.

NO President knows everything there is to know  about the America of today,and it's various departments and their actions. This is why they hire advisors.

Where Trump was/is handicapped is that unlike  every  other President that was ever elected,he wasn't and isn't a career bureaucrat that knows all the ins and outs of the DC swap,and  who to  contract to get things done.

Providing of course that ANYONE could get some things changed. The "Swamp Masters of DC" are VERY well entrenched,with  many  being  multi-generational traitors and thieves whose only loyalty resides with themselves and their families.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 04:07:45 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Milley should have only written "Nuts!", and signed it.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.