Author Topic: 'Sound of Freedom' movie prompts crucial call to action: ‘God's children are no longer for sale'  (Read 2725 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online berdie

The article or the movie?

The article. No clear reason why the movie was so offensive.

Online Kamaji

The article. No clear reason why the movie was so offensive.

That's what I've been seeing as well.

Online LMAO

That's what I've been seeing as well.

I as well

What is the left finding so offensive about a movie that’s about a guy who rescues children who were victims of sex trafficking? When I first heard about the movie and saw the reaction from the left, I assumed it was a pro Trump/Republican movie. Then I did further research, and when I saw what the movie was about, I came to the conclusion that what is bothering the left is finding out that no, the American people don’t want their children sexualized
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

The negative reaction to this movie by many on the left and how well it’s doing at the theaters is another example of the divide between the elites and the left and the rest of the public

Most Americans, and I also suspect average people who call themselves Democrats, would believe that rescuing children from sex trafficking is a good thing.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 12:52:55 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Oh, no need! One could always assume I would be pirating it... It nearly goes without saying. I am so dead set against the profiteers in Media that I will always go out of my way to figure out how to deny them my money - Be it music or film. Given the opportunity to deny a perpetual copyright, I will quite normally choose that path. With gusto!

Actually, the digital copy (which already exists) will sometimes be available before the thing is even in the theaters... Often available while the thing is still playing in the theaters. I didn't go look for this one in particular, but I will bet you that even this (a rather small offering, with a small footprint) will be available before it leaves the theater.

But I will part with you on the idea that it won't make more money online - Especially Christian offerings, considering the honesty of the audience (me included in this particular Big Media subset)...

If I were a betting man, I would bet you that streaming will dwarf theater sales. Almost immediately. The only thing the box office can do is elevate awareness.

That being said, it is pretty awesome that this show took the box office on 4th of July weekend. That has raised such a stink in news and media that being a blockbuster is nearly guaranteed - That is why I was made aware, and my money will certainly be paid to see it... quite likely in the comfort of my own home.

That's true @roamer_1 but in the case of THIS movie the PTB worked extra hard (for five years) to prevent its distribution in ANY venue.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

Like @Bigun posted above:

Is Disney’s aWOKEning the reason it REFUSED to release 'Sound of Freedom' for 5 years?

https://www.theblaze.com/shows/pat-gray-unleashed/is-disneys-awokening-the-reason-it-refused-to-release-sound-of-freedom-for-5-years

By now most can see that Disney has had an aWOKEning. The evidence is all over its latest movie releases, its progressive reimagining of classic Disney characters, and its banning of gendered greetings at Disney theme parks.

Is it any surprise then that the company tried to prevent the release of “Sound of Freedom,” a staunchly anti-woke film that tells the true story of Tim Ballard and his mission to save trafficked children?

To make matters worse, Disney attempted to squash the film for FIVE whole years. It even sued Angel Studios after the small media company was finally able to reacquire it.

Thankfully, the mega corporation was unsuccessful, and now millions of people are learning about the heinous human trafficking rings that victimize millions of innocent children.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

I bet the sound quality will be excellent and the AC will be on.   wink777

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The movie is POing and making nervous people who should be:

The Guardian upset that Sound of Freedom is doing well at the box office. Really.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/07/07/the-guardian-upset-that-sound-of-freedom-is-doing-well-at-the-box-office-really-n563046

Wrong people, making a movie about a subject that makes Progs nervous.

Back in 2014 CBS applauded Tim Ballards work to save children in Colombia from trafficker's.   What changed in the past 9 years?
https://www.facebook.com/reel/6962949713724701
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Oh, yeah, the same Donald Trump who for years ran a Miss Teen USA to ogle over teenage girls. The one where there are multiple pictures of him getting Bideny with his own daughter. The one who kibbitzed with Jeffrey Epstein.

Yeah, he's a real hero in the war against child sex traffickers.  :whistle:

Seriously, will his supporters believe anything so long as it flatters their guy?!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I've read that AMC theaters - where the movie is playing - is making the experience unpleasant for moviegoers, e.g., no air conditioning, leaving the lights on, etc.  Of course, this doesn't make sense, as a packed theater means more money for AMC, but that's what some moviegoers are reporting.  :shrug:
Well, not to put on my tinfoil hat, but the local theater had a popcorn machine catch on fire (no, no one yelled fire, but someone calmly said there was a fire and people should leave) before the movie was over. The movie was well attended. They have been here in town a lot longer than I have been in this area and never had a fire before.

Coinkydink?

The Devil never sleeps...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Yeah, he's a real hero in the war against child sex traffickers.  :whistle:

Seriously, will his supporters believe anything so long as it flatters their guy?!

@jmyrlefuller

MAGS
@TAftermath2020

Trump was pushing the death penalty for child trafficking before it was cool.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·Oct 8, 2012

Got to do something about these missing chidlren grabbed by the perverts. Too many incidents--fast trial, death penalty.

8:45 AM · Jul 15, 2023

Offline verga

The movie is POing and making nervous people who should be:

The Guardian upset that Sound of Freedom is doing well at the box office. Really.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/07/07/the-guardian-upset-that-sound-of-freedom-is-doing-well-at-the-box-office-really-n563046

Wrong people, making a movie about a subject that makes Progs  liberals nervous.
Fixed it for you.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline NavyCanDo

Taking the Family this weekend . My 21 year old son on the Autism Spectrum has been targeted and taken advantage of  by on-line predators since middle school. He really needs to see this and I am praying it has a huge impact on his decision making when on-line and his relationship with his Savior.
Not all Child trafficking involves kids being abducted physically. More often their consciousness and innocence are stolen away even though they are still under your roof, and can be just as lost.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Kamaji

Taking the Family this weekend . My 21 year old son on the Autism Spectrum has been targeted and taken advantage of  by on-line predators since middle school. He really needs to see this and I am praying it has a huge impact on his decision making when on-line and his relationship with his Savior.
Not all Child trafficking involves kids being abducted physically. More often their consciousness and innocence are stolen away even though they are still under your roof, and can be just as lost.

:thumbsup: