Author Topic: Flashback: Biden Admin Said Cluster Bomb Usage a Potential War Crime - Now They're Shipping the Arma  (Read 199 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Flashback: Biden Admin Said Cluster Bomb Usage a Potential War Crime - Now They're Shipping the Armaments to Ukraine

By Warner Todd Huston
  July 9, 2023 at 5:14am
Joe Biden’s administration announced on Friday that it is sending cluster bombs to Ukraine to use in its war against Russian invaders. This is the same Biden administration that only a year ago said that use of cluster munitions could be a war crime.

A cluster bomb, like those being used by Russia today, is not a single explosive, but is made up of a container filled with multiple smaller bombs that will distribute devastation across a wide area instead of just hitting one spot.

The bombs are controversial because of the unavoidable number of “dud” devices that do not detonate upon impact with the ground and remain armed and dangerous until someone or something triggers them later. Because of this, human rights organizations have condemned the use of cluster munitions because, like land mines, they pose a danger to civilians — especially children — sometimes for years after they were used in war.

https://www.westernjournal.com/flashback-biden-admin-said-cluster-bomb-usage-potential-war-crime-now-shipping-armaments-ukraine/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Its par for the course for liberals.  Everything is illegal until they need or want something. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Idiot

I guess we'll be sending nukes next?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I guess we'll be sending nukes next?

If our ruling elites can make a buck or two, it's highly possible!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien