Author Topic: Homelessness Is On The Rise As Migrants Continue To Pour Into US Cities  (Read 145 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Homelessness Is On The Rise As Migrants Continue To Pour Into US Cities
Laurel DugganJune 21, 20230

Homelessness has risen in more than 100 places in the U.S. so far in 2023 amid the influx of new migrants into American cities, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Cities including Chicago, Miami, Boston and Phoenix saw surges in homelessness this year amid the end of COVID-19 programs and the continued influx of migrants across the southern border, according to the WSJ. U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) encountered more than a million migrants at the border in the first five months of fiscal year 2023.

Chicago reported 2,200 migrants were in homeless shelters early this year, which is a 58% surge from the year prior, according to the WSJ. A vote to spend $51 million supporting the city’s migrants caused a furor at a city council meeting in May as local residents complained that the city needed to focus on its homeless problem.

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2023/06/homelessness-is-on-the-rise-as-migrants-continue-to-pour-into-us-cities/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson