Author Topic: Biden lets American military info slip during live interview, sparking backlash  (Read 276 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 9, 2023 6:18pm EDT
Biden lets American military info slip during live interview, sparking backlash
US sending cluster munitions to Ukraine in 'transition period' while producing new shells

By Matteo Cina | Fox News

President Biden sat down for a recent interview in which he said the United States is low on 155 mm artillery ammunition rounds, sparking outrage and questions of competency from conservatives on social media.

During the interview, which aired Sunday morning, Biden defended his administration for sending cluster munitions to Ukraine as a "transition period" until more munitions are produced.

"This is a war relating to munitions. And they’re running out of that ammunition, and we’re low on it," Biden told CNN's Fareed Zakaria. "And so, what I finally did, I took the recommendation of the Defense Department to – not permanently – but to allow for this transition period while we get more 155 weapons, these shells, for the Ukrainians."

Reactions on social media ranged from confused to outrage as conservative pundits and experts alike wondered why Biden was announcing the U.S. shortage during a nationally televised interview that would be seen by adversaries.

"Love when the president of America goes on CNN to tell everyone we’re low on ammo," remarked political operative Logan Dobson.

https://twitter.com/LoganDobson/status/1677477059231117312

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-lets-american-military-info-slip-during-live-interview-sparking-backlash
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I said on another thread that Biden saying this was completely irresponsible.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden slammed for comments about US military readiness
Jack Birle

President Joe Biden is being criticized for comments he made on the U.S. military's readiness when discussing shipping cluster mutations to Ukraine amid the war with Russia.

Biden said the Ukrainians are running low on ammunition, but he also confirmed that the United States is low while speaking in an interview on CNN's Fareed Zakaria GPS that aired Sunday. Biden's comment was met with scrutiny, including from some congressional Republicans, who argued that aiding Ukraine was harming national security.

"The Ukrainians are running out of ammunition. The ammunition that they used to call them 155 mm weapons. This is a war relating to munitions, and they are running out of that ammunition and we're low on it. And so what I finally did, I took the recommendation of the Defense Department to, not permanently, but to allow for in this transition period where we have more 155 weapons, these shells for the Ukrainians, to provide them with something that has a very low dud rate. It's about — I think it's 1.50, which is the least likely to be blown," Biden said in the interview.

The Department of Defense has previously said the U.S. will not go below "readiness levels" in its assistance to Ukraine but also has said the U.S. is "in it for the long haul" when it comes to helping Ukraine in the war.

"We're not going to dip below our readiness levels, and we continue to assess our readiness levels with each, whether it's a presidential drawdown package or security assistance that we announce. Our goal is to make sure that we are setting up Ukraine for this enduring war that Russia started in February. And we're in it for the long haul," deputy Pentagon press secretary Sabrina Singh said in a press briefing in November 2022.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/biden-slammed-comments-military-readiness
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34