Author Topic: Radars and drone killers: Revamped Marine office hastens tech creation  (Read 17 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Radars and drone killers: Revamped Marine office hastens tech creation
Story by Megan Eckstein • 14h •

The U.S. Marine Corps is developing new radars and leveraging its counter-drone systems as it looks to modernize and expand key capabilities.

The service's Program Executive Office Land Systems is eyeing its newly reorganized portfolios - including ground-based air defense, expeditionary radars and light armored vehicles - to find efficiencies and build upon existing technology to rapidly field new systems and expand the portfolio.

Radars
One example involves the expeditionary radars program, which previously housed only the Ground/Air Task Oriented Radar. The office's chief, Stephen Bowdren, told Defense News the G/ATOR is an active radar that has proved itself in the field and is now pivotal to future aspects of warfare like expeditionary advanced base operations.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/radars-and-drone-killers-revamped-marine-office-hastens-tech-creation/ar-BB1mNTfQ?ocid=widgetonlockscreen&cvid=93b3a0e314524abea5e7236ddefa36f8&ei=44
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson