Author Topic: Amphibious combat vehicle’s first deployment may yield repair lessons  (Read 50 times)

yodaspock, rangerrebew and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Amphibious combat vehicle’s first deployment may yield repair lessons
By Megan Eckstein
 May 20, 2024, 02:21 PM

The U.S. Marine Corps is monitoring the first deployment of its amphibious combat vehicle to see if these extended operations from a ship yield new lessons on maintaining and operating the vehicle, according to the service’s top program official.

The ACV had its operational debut this month at the Philippines-based Balikatan exercise, during which the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit’s Amphibious Combat Vehicles Platoon conducted a live-fire, waterborne gunnery range exercise.

After years of tests and fleet-introduction activities that either exclusively or primarily involved the ACV operating and undergoing maintenance from land, Program Executive Officer for Land Systems Stephen Bowdren said, this was the program’s first chance to see how Marines fare in using the vehicle from a ship.

Performing repairs and routine care from the well deck of an amphibious ship “raises a whole other set of challenges for the Marines,” he said during an interview with Defense News at the Modern Day Marine conference this month.

https://www.defensenews.com/training-sim/2024/05/20/amphibious-combat-vehicles-first-deployment-may-yield-repair-lessons/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What a pitiful way to look at a new vehicle!!!  When one of the first things someone thinks of is repair lessons, it says the rest of your equipment is junk because it is in constant need of repair.  That's what's on your mind.  They don't think of the fantastic ways it can be used; they think of repairs.  It's a hell of a way to run a military.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson