Author Topic: PETRAEUS: CONFLICT REQUIRES STRONG STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP  (Read 135 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
PETRAEUS: CONFLICT REQUIRES STRONG STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP

Fri, 05/10/2024 - 07:25
In his new book, retired Gen. David Petraeus explores the evolution of selected conflicts between World War II and the ongoing fights in Ukraine and Gaza and lays out the importance of military strategic leadership.

During a webinar hosted May 9 by the Association of the U.S. Army as part of its Noon Report series, Petraeus points out that conflict begins with political strategic leadership that must be executed with strong military strategic leadership, beginning with four tasks.

“First, you have to get the big ideas right, you have to craft the right strategy, you have to really understand the context,” Petraeus said, explaining that the context is what is present in your own forces, enemy forces, in human and physical terrain and the elements of society and neighborhoods.

Next, the strategy’s big ideas must be communicated throughout an organization and to others who have a stake in the outcome of the conflict. Once the big idea is communicated, a strategic leader must oversee its implementation.

https://www.ausa.org/news/petraeus-conflict-requires-strong-strategic-leadership
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: PETRAEUS: CONFLICT REQUIRES STRONG STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP
« Reply #1 on: Today at 02:45:15 pm »
Such as he and thoroughly woke Milley, I would assume. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: PETRAEUS: CONFLICT REQUIRES STRONG STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP
« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:40:54 pm »
Such as he and thoroughly woke Milley, I would assume. :whistle:

Two peas in a pod.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: