Author Topic: Tom Brady lost $30 million after FTX collapse: report  (Read 412 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tom Brady lost $30 million after FTX collapse: report
« on: July 08, 2023, 12:44:18 am »
 July 7, 2023 3:06pm EDT
Tom Brady lost $30 million after FTX collapse: report
Brady was an 'ambassador' for the exchange and is now involved in a lawsuit

By Ryan Morik FOXBusiness

Tom Brady invested $30 million in FTX and was an "ambassador" for the cryptocurrency exchange. It's all gone now.

According to a report by The New York Times, Brady and his ex-wife Gisele Bunchen combined to lose $48 million when FTX collapsed.

FTX filed for bankruptcy in November after a week of tumult for the exchange and what has been the crypto equivalent of a bank run.

FTX got involved with a number of sports leagues and athletes, striking deals with Mercedes for Formula One racing and a sponsorship deal with Major League Baseball.

Investors recently filed a class-action lawsuit against founder Sam Bankman-Fried that names Tom Brady, Steph Curry, Shaquille O'Neal, Trevor Lawrence, David Ortiz, Shohei Ohtani and Naomi Osaka as defendants.

Bankman-Fried saw his net worth plummet from $30 billion to $15 billion after the collapse, and he is now facing federal fraud charges.

The Miami Heat found a new name for their arena, formerly known as FTX Arena, after the collapse. Miami-Dade County owns the arena and negotiated the naming rights to the venue. The two sides agreed on a 19-year, $135 million agreement in June 2021.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/tom-brady-lost-30-million-after-ftx-collapse-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Tom Brady lost $30 million after FTX collapse: report
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2023, 01:34:59 am »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline goatprairie

Re: Tom Brady lost $30 million after FTX collapse: report
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2023, 03:42:46 am »
He might have lost 30 million, but he won't out of the street corner with a tin cup in his hand begging for handouts anytime soon.
His net worth is in the neighborhood of 300 million.