Author Topic: 'ABSOLUTELY NOT': Republicans blast Graham's effort to pass resolution urging Ukraine's admission in  (Read 263 times)

Offline libertybele

'ABSOLUTELY NOT': Republicans blast Graham's effort to pass resolution urging Ukraine's admission into NATO

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., is facing rebuke from Republicans in the House and Senate after he touted his effort to pass a bipartisan resolution pushing for Ukraine to be admitted into NATO amid its war with Russia.

Discussing the effort in a tweet, Graham said he believes there's "overwhelming" support for the proposal in the Senate and claimed that Ukrainian membership in NATO is "vital to the future security of Europe and the world."

"I will be working with Republicans and Democrats in the Senate to pass a resolution urging the admission of Ukraine into NATO," Graham said of the effort. "The best way to prevent future wars and promote peace is to create security guarantees that make aggressor nations think twice before starting wars."

"Ukrainian NATO membership is vital to the future security of Europe and the world. I believe there is an overwhelming majority of Senators supporting this proposition," he added.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said he believes there's "overwhelming" support for his proposal in the Senate and claimed that Ukrainian membership in NATO is "vital to the future security of Europe and the world." (Kent Nishimura / Los Angeles Times via Getty Images)

Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul shouted down Graham's proposal in a Friday evening tweet, insisting that it is "exactly wrong" and warning that it has the potential to lead the United States into a war with Russia.

"Absolutely not. This is exactly wrong – as usual – and could very well lead us to war with Russia, something no one should want," Paul said in response to a tweet from Graham....................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/absolutely-not-republicans-blast-grahams-effort-pass-resolution-urging-ukraine-admission-nato
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

Graham is such a f**king loose cannon sometimes.

Whether, in the fullness of time, Ukraine should be admitted to NATO, is one thing, but it should be beyond all peradventure that now is not the time to bum-rush them into NATO.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I agree. Absolutely not!
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online LMAO

Graham is flaccid when the US isn’t at war
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy