Author Topic: DeSantis commits to first GOP presidential primary debate regardless of Trump participation  (Read 830 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
This should prove interesting.  I think Scott will join in, but Haley might sit it out. She seems to have an allegiance with Trump.

DeSantis commits to first GOP presidential primary debate regardless of Trump participation

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis says he'll participate in the first Republican presidential nomination debate "regardless" of whether former President Donald Trump takes the stage at the August showdown.

"I'll be there regardless. I hope everybody who's eligible comes. I think it's an important part of the process and I look forward to being able to be on the stage and introducing our candidacy and our vision and our leadership to a wide audience," DeSantis said Thursday on "Fox News Tonight."

The debate is scheduled for August 23 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and will be hosted by Fox News..............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-commits-first-gop-presidential-primary-debate-regardless-trump-participation

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Kamaji

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Smart move by DeSantis.  He better be able to last all 15 rounds.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I don't expect there to be ANY debates. Just more media contrived BS is what we'll get instead.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If it happens I'd love to see a non-Trump debate. DeSantis, Burgum, Scott, Ramaswamy have said good things and I'd like to hear more without all the posturing dick dominance.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Trump will look like a wuss if he doesn't show up to a debate eventually.

It's smart to sit out the early debates to watch your opponents attack each other.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline berdie

If it happens I'd love to see a non-Trump debate. DeSantis, Burgum, Scott, Ramaswamy have said good things and I'd like to hear more without all the posturing dick dominance.

Absolutely agree. I skipped a couple of debates in 2016 because of the stupidity.

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Berdie wrote:
"I skipped a couple of debates in 2016 because of the stupidity"

I skip them all.
Never watched ANY of them.
I know for whom I'll be voting.

Offline Idiot

Trump's lawyer won't allow him to debate for fear he'd purger himself.  happy77

Offline Kamaji

Trump's lawyer won't allow him to debate for fear he'd purger himself.  happy77

:mauslaff:

Online Right_in_Virginia

Will Mrs.DeDa be on stage, too?

« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 10:51:38 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Translation: "PLEASE let me appear there! I promise to be good! Honest!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Will Mrs.DeDa be on stage, too?
That's right there with Trumpy's insulting name crap, you are a credit to his childishness.

Online Right_in_Virginia

That's right there with Trumpy's insulting name crap, you are a credit to his childishness.

Trump has nothing to do with the pronunciation of DeDaSantis' name.  Ronny is the one who goes back and forth on how to pronounce it --- and is too stupid to just clear up the confusion he created by answering one question.

Watch the full video, it includes some background from Ronny friendly media:

https://youtu.be/IJu8CW-TY-g

@GtHawk