Author Topic: Texas authorities respond to reported outlet mall shooting  (Read 3706 times)

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Texas authorities respond to reported outlet mall shooting
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2023, 05:19:29 pm »
You could hear that officer's breathing immediately become more rapid even before he started running.  Clearly scared and nervous, but went straight in anyway.  That's true courage.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2023, 06:22:53 pm »
You could hear that officer's breathing immediately become more rapid even before he started running.  Clearly scared and nervous, but went straight in anyway.  That's true courage.

:thumbsup:

Offline berdie

« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2023, 09:38:35 pm »
Good guy with a gun! Every cop in Uvalde Texas should have to watch this video every day for the rest of their lives!

I agree. The Uvalde fiasco was a huge hurt. I held out on judgement until I couldn't anymore.

This man in Allen was a hero!!!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2023, 09:50:53 pm »

@Maj. Bill Martin

Charging into gun fire is CLEARLY a mark of courage,but  the breathing  has  nothing  to do with it. Depending on the individual,it might be a sign on excitement,not fear.

I have seen people laughing and telling jokes while some of them were wounded and all of them were surrounded and in serious danger of being overran by a VERY superior number of enemy troops. It it hadn't been for the old prop fighter-bombers (mostly,although some jets  did show  up. The problem with jets is they fly so fast at their slowest speed that it is VERY hard for them to drop napalm,cluster bombs,and similar ordinance right on top of charging NVA troops that might only be 10 feet from the recon team the airplanes are trying to save."

Ask ANY recon man from ANY branch of the service which airplanes they love the most for close air support,the old and "obsolete" prop fighter-bombers,or the zoomies,and the zoomies will ALWAYS come in second.

I MUST give "Spooky Gun Ships" honorable mention,though. They deliver so much "damn-damn" in one pass that you can literally feel the ground shake from the bullet impacts. There may be an enemy somewhere at some time that is willing to charge up a hill while "Spooky" is "working",but I have never seen or heard of them.

Awesome isn't a strong enough  word.

AND,it has GOT to be said that you CAN'T laugh and joke while being surrounded by  a much larger enemy force,you need to get out of recon and go be a support troop. NOTHING wrong with  being a support troop. The combat troops can't survive  or function without you,and some people are just born to handle inventory,shipping,issue,payrolls,etc,etc,etc.

IMHO,this is something  you are not even responsible for or even know that  you  have until you are in the wrong place at the wrong time,and in danger of being overran and captured  or killed. You can't learn it or even take credit for it. It is an "accident of birth".

And I don't think you will ever hear anybody anywhere badmouthing medics or nurses.

Modern military units are VERY complex operations,and everybody is there because they have a vital job to do,and if they don't do that job,somebody will probably  die because of it. That "somebody" might even be them.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 10:01:25 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2023, 11:30:03 am »
Bodycam Footage of Cop Taking Down Active Shooter

https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=55315

Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog 7/5/2023

I may be late to this party, since the story broke several days ago, but I think this video is worth covering to highlight all the things the Allen PD officer (whose name, as far as I can tell, hasn’t been released yet) did right.

•  He instructed others to get to safety before moving to engage the shooter.

•  He paused to get a better weapon out of his car and take a moment to assess the situation.

•  He maintained constant communication with the dispatcher to let other officers know where he was all the time to reduce the possibility of friendly fire.

•  He constantly moved toward the sound of gunfire to engage the target.

•  He maintained solid trigger discipline throughout running to contact.

•  He engaged the shooter from behind cover, and continued controlled fire until putting him down.

As far as things to be improved on, he did slow noticeably while moving toward contact, so maybe better cardio is in order. But I’m hardly one to cast aspersions here…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWvKT5fHa0U

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2023, 12:33:24 pm »
Bodycam Footage of Cop Taking Down Active Shooter

https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=55315

Lawrence Person's BattleSwarm Blog 7/5/2023

I may be late to this party, since the story broke several days ago, but I think this video is worth covering to highlight all the things the Allen PD officer (whose name, as far as I can tell, hasn’t been released yet) did right.

•  He instructed others to get to safety before moving to engage the shooter.

•  He paused to get a better weapon out of his car and take a moment to assess the situation.

•  He maintained constant communication with the dispatcher to let other officers know where he was all the time to reduce the possibility of friendly fire.

•  He constantly moved toward the sound of gunfire to engage the target.

•  He maintained solid trigger discipline throughout running to contact.

•  He engaged the shooter from behind cover, and continued controlled fire until putting him down.

As far as things to be improved on, he did slow noticeably while moving toward contact, so maybe better cardio is in order. But I’m hardly one to cast aspersions here…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWvKT5fHa0U

@Elderberry

I don't want to be critical because  this was obviously his first gun fight,but one thing he could have done better was driving his patrol car to,or close to, the store the shooter was in,and POSSIBLY saved a few lives by saving a few minutes  of time.

It would also have had the added advantage of tipping off the cops that were headed to the scene about WHERE they shooter was,so they could get to the scene quicker to back him up/provide emergency medical care to any of the victims,including him if he had been wounded.

Still,for a "first gun fight",he did good!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DB

« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2023, 03:32:58 pm »
@Elderberry

I don't want to be critical because  this was obviously his first gun fight,but one thing he could have done better was driving his patrol car to,or close to, the store the shooter was in,and POSSIBLY saved a few lives by saving a few minutes  of time.

It would also have had the added advantage of tipping off the cops that were headed to the scene about WHERE they shooter was,so they could get to the scene quicker to back him up/provide emergency medical care to any of the victims,including him if he had been wounded.

Still,for a "first gun fight",he did good!

If I remember correctly he was nearby, out of his vehicle, for a different call and heard gun shots, grabbed his gear and ran towards the shots.