Author Topic: Trump turns against 'spotlight hound' Kari Lake as possible 2024 running mate: report  (Read 1586 times)

Online libertybele

Trump turns against 'spotlight hound' Kari Lake as possible 2024 running mate: report

Kari Lake — the far-right MAGA Republican and conspiracy theorist who lost to Democratic Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs in 2022 — is being mentioned as a possible candidate in two races: Arizona's 2024 U.S. Senate competition, and as a vice presidential choice if Donald Trump is the nominee. Lake, however, hasn't made a decision about the Senate race.

Lake is reportedly on Trump's all-female short list of possible running mates if he wins the GOP nomination; the others are Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Georgia), South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem and former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii (an ex-Democrat who is now a MAGA-friendly pundit on Fox News). But according to the Daily Beast's Zachary Petrizzo, Trump is reconsidering Lake's presence on that list — as he believes she is too much of an attention seeker.

The Beast interviewed some Trump advisers on condition of anonymity. One of them described Lake as a "spotlight hound," and another said of her, "She's a shameless, ruthless demagogue who wants power and will do whatever she has to do to get it."..........

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-turns-against-spotlight-hound-kari-lake-as-possible-2024-running-mate-report/ar-AA1dwsM2?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=e671590d3b0e4f01b04fe88b3e184e54&ei=14
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

So much for the "Trump is schtupping Kari Lake" rumors.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump has done no such thing.  People float on, off and back on the list from a multitude of sources up to the moment Trump points and says "this one".

Don't take any rumor for more than what it is --- a rumor.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Trump has done no such thing.  People float on, off and back on the list from a multitude of sources up to the moment Trump points and says "this one".

I like them both, but it would not be a good slate.  We still need her in AZ.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So much for the "Trump is schtupping Kari Lake" rumors.  *****rollingeyes*****

I hear that a lot on Twatter, and its revolting. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I hear that a lot on Twatter, and its revolting.

Haven't we learned once already?

Grizzly Mama in the end was just cleavage, legs and a smile. 

At 77 next month, give me some Sarah Huckabee!   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
As we see yet again...in the Trump world there's only room for one person in the spotlight.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

You have absolutely no idea one way or the other, just like the rest of us.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

You cannot have it both ways, @Maj. Bill Martin   @Right_in_Virginia

She's either a Trump operative chocked full of talking points and inside strategic information, or she's just like the rest of us!    happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

She's either a Trump operative chocked full of talking points and inside strategic information, or she's just like the rest of us!    happy77

Perhaps others did, but I never claimed she was a Trump operative.

However, even if she is/was being paid by the Trump campaign, she still wouldn't know his personal, rather than public, thoughts about Lake.  It's entirely possible that only Trump himself actually knows how he feels about Lake, though I'd expect that his very top aides may have a much better idea than do the rest of us.

But otherwise, it's just guessing.

Offline Hoodat

Does this make Trump a back stabber?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That is what I think she was saying.

I don't think it will be Kari Lake, though.  And I'll say up front that I have no special or inside information.
I will NOT comply.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
"She's a shameless, ruthless demagogue who wants power and will do whatever she has to do to get it."..........

Sounds perfect for Trump. She's his mini-me.

As you wish. 

@Maj. Bill Martin

« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 04:33:04 am by Right_in_Virginia »

"She's a shameless, ruthless demagogue who wants power and will do whatever she has to do to get it."..........

Two targets, one insult ---- well done.  Truth be damned, of course, but kudos none-the-less @massadvj

88devil   @DCPatriot

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
As we see yet again...in the Trump world there's only room for one person in the spotlight.

Well we have seen what Trump liked in the past for VP, someone to keep quiet and nod in the background... I imagine in Trump's eyes, Pence was a perfect angel until he didn't do Trump's crazy biding after the election.

I tend to agree with you, there isn't enough oxygen in the room for Trump to have another person with persona he fears he can't dwarf.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Sounds like you've never watched a Trump rally or keynote address.  I'll try and remember to ping you to the next one and I hope you watch it.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised @txradioguy   happy77

Offline Kamaji

Which is exactly why she won’t be his VP pick.  She’s too dangerous to his delicate little ego. 

Offline Idiot

Which is exactly why she won’t be his VP pick.  She’s too dangerous to his delicate little ego.
:amen:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sounds like you've never watched a Trump rally or keynote address.  I'll try and remember to ping you to the next one and I hope you watch it.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised @txradioguy   happy77
Meh, Trump is a major attention whore and I don't have to watch him do or say anything, he's the same guy that was a reality TV star.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

That's why Trump was smart to pick Pence for his first term VP - Pence couldn't steal the spotlight from the fly on his head.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Kari committed the original, unpardonable sin - don't ever outshine Trump or crowd the spotlight.
The Republic is lost.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Kari Lake was NEVER going to be a choice for VP -- by Mr. Trump or anyone else.