Author Topic: Marjorie Taylor Greene booted from House Freedom Caucus  (Read 512 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Marjorie Taylor Greene booted from House Freedom Caucus
« on: July 06, 2023, 09:03:57 pm »
Marjorie Taylor Greene booted from House Freedom Caucus

The House Freedom Caucus voted to remove Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene from the pro-Trump group last month, a member confirmed Thursday, indicating that her fight with Rep. Lauren Boebert was part of the group’s reasoning.

“A vote was taken to remove Marjorie Taylor Greene from the House Freedom Caucus for some of the things she’s done,” said Freedom Caucus board member Rep. Andy Harris (R-Md.). When asked if she was formally out, he replied: “As far as I know, that is the way it is.”

It’s the first public confirmation of Greene’s fate within the conservative group. The vote was first reported by POLITICO, though it was unclear at the time whether she had been ejected. It took place less than two days after Greene got into a verbal floor fight with Freedom Caucus member Boebert, during which Greene referred to the Colorado Republican as a “little bitch.” After the exchange was first reported, Greene confirmed the fight and doubled down, adding another pejorative.

The two have clashed repeatedly in the past, but Harris indicated that particular spat had factored into the conservative group’s thinking.

“I think the way she referred to a fellow member was probably not the way we expect our members to refer to other fellow, especially female, members,” Harris said Thursday. The Maryland Republican declined to say how he voted but called the decision to remove her “an appropriate action.”..............

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/07/06/marjorie-taylor-greene-booted-out-of-freedom-caucus-member-says-00104997

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Marjorie Taylor Greene booted from House Freedom Caucus
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 09:19:36 pm »
Cat fight!  Cat fight!

:2popcorn:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 09:49:36 pm »
That's odd.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 09:57:58 pm »
MTG isn't one to hold back and perhaps her lack of restrain got her booted, but IMHO she was pretty darn conservative.

It is a shame that there is so much in-fighting within the GOP; it is destroying the party.

Greene got into a verbal floor fight with Freedom Caucus member Boebert, during which Greene referred to the Colorado Republican as a “little bitch.”
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 10:16:58 pm »
bele observes:
"It is a shame that there is so much in-fighting within the GOP; it is destroying the party."

You won't see this on the left side of the aisle. When lockstep is required, they're ready to steppin'fetchit...

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023, 10:19:15 pm »
You won't see this on the left side of the aisle. When lockstep is required, they're ready to steppin'fetchit...
Exactly. I get the impression Nancy Pelosi utterly despises AOC, but you won't hear her say it in public.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2023, 10:29:52 pm »
bele observes:
"It is a shame that there is so much in-fighting within the GOP; it is destroying the party."

It happens...The Squad stirs the pot but Nancy only puts up with so much.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2023, 07:26:28 am »
It happens...The Squad stirs the pot but Nancy only puts up with so much.
Nancy  let them take point so she could come in and be a voice of a slightly milder unreason. The contrast made Nancy seem much more reasonable while she was being off the charts outlandish herself.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2023, 11:13:32 am »
Did she say that about Lauren? It's disgraceful our Representatives are acting like this. Meanwhile Democrats are just advancing their ideology.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2023, 11:44:33 am »
Did she say that about Lauren? It's disgraceful our Representatives are acting like this. Meanwhile Democrats are just advancing their ideology.

:thumbsup: