Author Topic: China Property Pain Worsens With Failed Auction, Sino-Ocean Rout  (Read 268 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Bloomberg News 7/5/2023

Fresh signs emerged Wednesday that China is facing yet more challenges in its property debt crisis.

Defaulted developer Shimao Group Holdings Ltd. failed to find a buyer for a $1.8 billion project at a forced auction, even at a heavy discount. Sino-Ocean Group Holding Ltd. saw its bonds tumble on news that the state-backed builder told some creditors it’s been working with two major shareholders on its debt load.

They’re the latest indications that China’s two-year real estate crisis is likely to remain one of the biggest drags on the world’s second-largest economy. A brief rebound after the nation scrapped Covid restrictions has quickly faded, with home sales resuming declines and property investment worsening — hurting markets ranging from iron ore to high-yield bonds.

“Investors are disappointed with the slow recovery of the housing market,” said Anitza Nip, Union Bancaire Privee’s head of fixed income research for Asia. “The recovery path appears to be even longer than what the market had initially anticipated earlier this year.”

The nation’s second-largest developer by sales, China Vanke Co., said last week that the home market is “worse than expected,” joining a chorus of investors and analysts who have become bearish on the sector. Goldman Sachs Group Inc. recently raised its projected default rate for Chinese high-yield property dollar bonds.

More: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/china-property-pain-worsens-failed-080057006.html

Offline kevindavis007

Re: China Property Pain Worsens With Failed Auction, Sino-Ocean Rout
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 03:57:23 pm »
Things are not well in China.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: China Property Pain Worsens With Failed Auction, Sino-Ocean Rout
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 04:18:07 pm »
As the Chi-com domestic situation worsens, the Chinese Communist party will attempt to deflect attention elsewhere - foreign policy, Taiwan sabre rattling, North Korea's Rocket Man launching some missile tests or conducting some nuke tests.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.