Author Topic: Poll: Vivek Ramaswamy Breaks into Double Digits in Republican Primary  (Read 3542 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Poll: Vivek Ramaswamy Breaks into Double Digits in Republican Primary
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2023, 11:32:08 pm »
You mean the part that never mentions a requirement of having two citizens parents?

Thought so.

Tiresome.  **nononono*

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2023, 12:49:50 am »
I agree.  Without any kind of a real track record, he could just be playing conservatives.

They put a 'neighborhood organizer' in the Senate who then went on to be president.  While in the Senate he proposed bills that clearly showed he was for redistribution of wealth and globalization, yet no one paid attention.  Nope, we don't need another O'Bammy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2023, 01:59:57 am »
Eligible or not, there is just not enough background information on him. His parents weren't born here (obviously) and so their backgrounds can't be verified leaving Ramsy's background the only canvas that can be researched and I've tried .... there's isn't a whole lot other than his education and affiliation with Soros.

He obviously has no voting record and he has suddenly emerged out of nowhere just like O'bammy.  Great speaker and says to people what they want to hear, but there is really no way to check his record.

No thank you.  I won't vote for him.  Not enough information on him to truly assess what he's saying is true and he could just be another snake oil salesman.

Yes to everything you said
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2023, 03:03:53 am »
Obama's eligibity was challenged several times, and all such challenges lost.

Obama's eligibility was not challenged until after the election.  The time to challenge would have been before.  You can't sit back and do nothing to stop a State from putting him on the ballot, and then complain later when he wins.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2023, 01:28:10 pm »
Obama's eligibility was not challenged until after the election.  The time to challenge would have been before.  You can't sit back and do nothing to stop a State from putting him on the ballot, and then complain later when he wins.

And all the pre-election challenges get dismissed for "lack of standing". No one's been harmed yet.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Kamaji

« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2023, 01:35:27 pm »

Nonsense.  The president is elected by the Electoral College.  Akeny v. Governor, for example, raised that challenge before the Electoral college's vote.  It was therefore timely, and more to the point, specifically addressed the points raised by the complainants.

They lost, fair and square.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2023, 02:06:31 pm »

Exactly; just like when Cruz was running.  His eligibility was challenged by several state electors.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2023, 03:20:57 pm »
Exactly; just like when Cruz was running.  His eligibility was challenged by several state electors.

Cruz' eligibility was unsuccessfully challenged prior to the 2016 election.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2023, 04:15:15 pm »
No thanks.  This guy would leave Ukraine under the Russian jackboot.