Author Topic: Trump on Hillary Clinton: A president under indictment would represent constitutional crisis  (Read 343 times)

Online corbe

Trump on Hillary Clinton: A president under indictment would represent constitutional crisis

BY LAUREN SFORZA - 07/03/23 10:35 AM ET

Former President Trump, who has now been indicted over his handling of classified records, said in 2016 that a president under an indictment would cause a constitutional crisis, statements first noted by a CNN KFILE review.

Trump made the comments about then-presidential candidate Hillary Clinton at a rally in Reno, Nev., Nov. 5, 2016, KFILE noted.

“We could very well have a sitting president under felony indictment and ultimately a criminal trial,” Trump said at the rally. “It would grind government to a halt.”

Trump’s remarks came just days after then-FBI Director James Comey announced the bureau was relaunching an investigation into Clinton’s private email server and her handling of classified information.

Comey’s decision has been heavily criticized by Clinton and other Democrats, who argue it played a huge role in her loss in the 2016 presidential election.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4079019-trump-on-hillary-clinton-a-president-under-indictment-would-represent-constitutional-crisis/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

I think that's called "Being hoist on one's own petard".

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump on Hillary Clinton: A president under indictment would represent constitutional crisis

BY LAUREN SFORZA - 07/03/23 10:35 AM ET

Former President Trump, who has now been indicted over his handling of classified records, said in 2016 that a president under an indictment would cause a constitutional crisis, statements first noted by a CNN KFILE review.

Trump made the comments about then-presidential candidate Hillary Clinton at a rally in Reno, Nev., Nov. 5, 2016, KFILE noted.

“We could very well have a sitting president under felony indictment and ultimately a criminal trial,” Trump said at the rally. “It would grind government to a halt.”

Trump’s remarks came just days after then-FBI Director James Comey announced the bureau was relaunching an investigation into Clinton’s private email server and her handling of classified information.

Comey’s decision has been heavily criticized by Clinton and other Democrats, who argue it played a huge role in her loss in the 2016 presidential election.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4079019-trump-on-hillary-clinton-a-president-under-indictment-would-represent-constitutional-crisis/

??? Hillary didn't receive even a slight scratch. She lost because she was unpopular and didn't bother to campaign much, thinking that the oval office was hers.  Her wobbles and nearly falling didn't help much.  Oddly we now have a president that wobbles and actually falls and the leftists pretend that's quite alright.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online LMAO

I have a hunch that his past statement is going to be used against him in  some form by the DNC
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

It would be interesting to see the MAGA spin on this

This is similar to Trump demanding to abolish the Electoral College in 2012 to only embrace it when it was the reason he became POTUS in 2016
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy