Author Topic: Wrong way e-biker collides with e-skateboarder, sending him flying  (Read 342 times)

Offline Kamaji

Wrong way e-biker collides with e-skateboarder, sending him flying

By Deirdre Bardolf
July 1, 2023

Two worlds collided near Central Park when an e-bicyclist going the wrong way slammed into an e-skateboarder, launching him into the pavement in a scary caught on video collision.

Stan He, 25, of New Jersey, and a group of e-skaters were riding along Central Park West when the cyclist cut across the road into traffic.

“As I saw the cyclist, I attempted to swerve to my right, toward the curb, intentionally to allow the cyclist to blast straight forward,” said He. “Instead, the cyclist swerved to his left, into me.”

The cyclist fled the scene.

He was unscathed besides a bruised back, he said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/01/worlds-collide-e-biker-slams-into-e-skater-in-nyc/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Wrong way e-biker collides with e-skateboarder, sending him flying
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2023, 03:26:19 pm »
Electric bikes should be regulated and licensed in the same manner as motorcycles.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 04:22:50 pm »
At least no one was electrocuted.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2023, 04:56:02 pm »
Electric bikes should be regulated and licensed in the same manner as motorcycles.
Apparently here in Huntington Beach, Ca the police and city council have had enough, according to my daughter every kid with an E-Bike will have to take a class and get essentially a drivers license for them. Also the police will be cracking down on the insane and unsafe riders with hefty fines especially to those who didn't get approved through the classes. Having been in too many near collisions with little suiciders I can say the crack down is well past due.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2023, 06:39:40 pm »
Hereabouts on a wide paved trail I use with some frequency, riders of regular bicycles very seldom (literally, no hyperbole) warn runners and walkers they are about to pass. I would expect worse from electric bicyclists and skateboarders. And two coming toward each other, :0001:  :0001:  :0001: !
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2023, 06:41:43 pm »
Apparently here in Huntington Beach, Ca the police and city council have had enough, according to my daughter every kid with an E-Bike will have to take a class and get essentially a drivers license for them. Also the police will be cracking down on the insane and unsafe riders with hefty fines especially to those who didn't get approved through the classes. Having been in too many near collisions with little suiciders I can say the crack down is well past due.

:thumbsup: