Author Topic: Thousands Gather Hours Ahead of Trump Rally in Pickens, South Carolina  (Read 6202 times)

Offline corbe

Trump moved his residency to Florida for TAX reasons.  He would pay a h3ll of a penalty to move his residency to NY, NJ or CA, IMHO.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

If a Florida elector voted for Trump for President, and Mike Lindell for Veep, "one of whom at least" (Lindell) would not be a Florida inhabitant.  So, the Trump vote would count.

Yes.

The elector doesn't have to vote for DeSantis just because he's on the GOP ticket - the Constitution actually doesn't permit it.  The VP vote would be a throway so the Trump vote would count.

No.  Florida electors are obligated to vote for the Party candidates.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Trump moved his residency to Florida for TAX reasons.  He would pay a h3ll of a penalty to move his residency to NY, NJ or CA, IMHO.

Trump moved to Florida because they had the best governor in the country.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

Of course, that might mean you end up with Donald Trump as President, and Kamala Harris as Vice President.  Lol.

Which makes their claim even more ludicrous.  DeSantis is a back-stabber if he doesn't surrender the Governorship to be on Trump's ticket in every State but his own, practically guaranteeing that he won't be Vice President even if Trump wins?  Yeah, right.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is the second time we've been over this, @sneakypete .  Which is why it intrigues me that you keep bringing it up.  I have yet to see anything coming from Trump to indicate he would consider picking someone from his own State for VP and forfeiting 30 electoral votes.  Yet you keep insisting that DeSantis stabbed Trump in the back by not being his VP.  Did you make this up yourself?  Or did you get this idea from someone else?

@Hoodat

First of all,Trump has legal residences in at least two states,Fla,and NY. I could very easily be wrong,but all *I* see he would have to do would be change his primary  residence from Fla to NY.

Secondly,I did NOT state that Trump was stabbed in the back by DeSantis because he didn't want to be Trump's VP. I had no idea if he wanted that position or not. I was just one of many of SUGGESTED that he MIGHT be a good VP running mate for Trump. So did a number of others.

DeSanctimonious stabbed Trump in the back after Trump campaigned for him and helped get him elected as the Governor of Fla,and then essentially announced he would be running against Trump for the Presidency the day after he won the Fla Governor's seat.

Which means he identified himself as a whiny little backstabbing bitch.

Maybe sticking a knife in the back of someone that just spent a lot of time,effort,and money to bail you out might be acceptable conduct in the circles you and some others travel in,but not in mine.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

Did your cat tell you that Trump helped DeSantis??  Seriously?? You need to get a cat who is better informed.  happy77

P.S.  BTW I don't have a cat.

:thumbsup:

Offline corbe

That too @Hoodat  888high58888
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If a Florida elector voted for Trump for President, and Mike Lindell for Veep, "one of whom, at least" (Lindell) would not be a Florida inhabitant.  So, the Trump vote would count.

The elector doesn't have to vote for DeSantis just because he's on the GOP ticket - the Constitution actually doesn't permit it.  The VP vote would be a throwaway so the Trump vote could count.

Of course, that might mean you end up with Donald Trump as President, and Kamala Harris as Vice President.  Lol.

@Maj. Bill Martin

That would be so entertaining it could be a hit sit-com.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Hoodat

And saving hundreds of thousands in taxes didn't have a thing to do with it,right?

ROFLMAO!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This is the second time we've been over this, @sneakypete .  Which is why it intrigues me that you keep bringing it up.  I have yet to see anything coming from Trump to indicate he would consider picking someone from his own State for VP and forfeiting 30 electoral votes. Yet you keep insisting that DeSantis stabbed Trump in the back by not being his VP.  Did you make this up yourself?  Or did you get this idea from someone else?

Allow me?  Go easy on @sneakypete

A TRUMP/DeSANTIS ticket was a no-brainer

Ron DeSantis' riding on President Trump's popularity and the MAGA base during Covid,
together with his success as Florida governor during & post-Covid
(compared to his peers in blue states)
immediately cemented TRUMP/DESANTIS together.

Never going to be DESANTIS on top of the ticket while Donald Trump is still breathing.

And for him to PRIMARY the best POTUS this country has seen since Ronald Reagan??

He deserves a swift kick in the ass.
So yes, he's a backstabbing POS!   :laugh:

Not that I wouldn't fully support him if he should end up being the Candidate.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Did your cat tell you that Trump helped DeSantis??

@Kamaji

No.

She just agreed with me.

And Trump did NOT "help" DeSanctimonious . He bailed his backstabbing ass OUT.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 01:24:47 am by sneakypete »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Yes.

No.  Florida electors are obligated to vote for the Party candidates.

That is indeed what Florida state law says. But the Constitution flatly forbids electors from casting votes for two Florida residents, and the US Constitution trumps Florida law.

It's not even a question of the electors being able to cast votes for two Florida residents, and the votes are just not counted or are otherwise just conidered "invalid". The U.S. Constitution actually requires that electors cast at least one vote for a non-resident.  So in that limited circumstance, the Constitution would override Florida's mandate.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 01:28:29 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Hoodat

@Hoodat

First of all,Trump has legal residences in at least two states,Fla,and NY. I could very easily be wrong,

You are.

but all *I* see he would have to do would be change his primary  residence from Fla to NY.

He won't.

Secondly,I did NOT state that Trump was stabbed in the back by DeSantis because he didn't want to be Trump's VP.

You suggested exactly that back in November.

DeSanctimonious stabbed Trump in the back after Trump campaigned for him and helped get him elected as the Governor of Fla,and then essentially announced he would be running against Trump for the Presidency the day after he won the Fla Governor's seat.

DeSantis did no such thing.  One hundred thirty-six days passed after DeSantis' re-election before he announced he would be running for President.
By the time DeSantis announced, you had already been calling him a backstabber for nearly four months.

Which means he identified himself as a whiny little backstabbing bitch.

The only identifying him that way is you.  With zero facts to back it up.  In fact, you have been dead wrong about many things in that regard, including your last post.

Maybe sticking a knife in the back of someone that just spent a lot of time,effort,and money to bail you out might be acceptable conduct in the circles you and some others travel in,but not in mine.

Your argument would make sense if you had made it AFTER DeSantis announced instead of four months prior.  But then Trump was totally on board with that since he started attacking Trump DeSantis long before DeSantis became his official GOP opponent.  If anyone here is the backstabber, it would be Trump.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 01:53:47 am by Hoodat »

Online Hoodat

The U.S. Constitution actually requires that electors cast at least one vote for a non-resident.  So in that limited circumstance, the Constitution would override Florida's mandate.

The two are not exclusive of each other.  Both conditions can be satisfied.  Florida electors simply don't vote.

Online Hoodat

Allow me?  Go easy on @sneakypete

A TRUMP/DeSANTIS ticket was a no-brainer

A Trump/DeSantis ticket was no brain.  (See:  Amendment XII)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You are.

Yes,I was. He has legal residences in several states.

He won't.

@Hoodat

Now you are a mindreader?

You suggested exactly that back in November.

Be specific,Bubba. Exactly WHAT did I "suggest back in November"?

DeSantis did no such thing.  One hundred thirty-six days passed after DeSantis' re-election before he announced he would be running for President.

And he never even whispered a single word that he was thinking about doing it,huh?

Do you  actually live up  his ass,or is it that you just dream of doing that?

By the time DeSantis announced, you had already been calling him a backstabber for nearly four months.

Because he was doing everything he COULD do to weaken Trump's chances of winning so that HE might be able to run and win.

The only identifying him that way is you.  With zero facts to back it up.  In fact, you have been dead wrong about many things in that regard, including your last post.

Did your lust bunny tell you to post those lies/exaggerations?

Your argument would make sense if you had made it AFTER DeSantis announced instead of four months prior.

Gee,MOST people would think that I,and others,were posting that because DeSanctimonious WAS running back then,even if he hadn't made a formal announcement for political reasons.

You can't POSSIBLY be THAT freaking stupid,so you are obviously PURPOSELY "distorting" the truth by writing "shady half-truths" that MOST people would identify as lies.

But then Trump was totally on board with that since he started attacking Trump long before DeSantis became his official GOP opponent. 

So NOW you are even claiming that Trump was attacking Trump back then?

Online Hoodat

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This is you, no?  https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,485194.msg2746226.html?PHPSESSID=045hfi7jgunon8kvo2cn3b0sls#msg2746226

@Hoodat

Here is EXACTLY  what I wrote back then,

@libertybele

Why WOULD he run,when chances are Trump will pick him for his VP,and he ends up spending 3 terms in the WH anyhow,with two of them as President?

Or he could just wait out the end of Trump's one term as the Gov of Florida,and THEN run?

He HAS to know that he runs against Trump it is going to cost him a LOT of the votes he would have gotten if he hadn't.

Mine will be one of them. I would vote Dim before I would vote for him if he does that.

Make "something" out of THAT,Bubba.

Yes,I DO realize that people like you admire backstabbing bitches,but I don't.

Offline corbe

DeSantis got more votes when Trump DID NOT Endorse OR Campaign for him, that theoretically should end this discussion @sneakypete .  One of the Bright Spots in the 2020 Elections~DeSantis which, incidentally, was supposed to be a massacre but was not because Trump dragged the ticket down with his RINO picks.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 02:15:31 am by corbe »

Offline Kamaji

DeSantis got more votes when Trump DID NOT Endorse OR Campaign for him, that theoretically should end this discussion @sneakypete .  One of the Bright Spots in the 2020 Elections~DeSantis which, incidentally, was supposed to be a massacre but was not because Trump dragged the ticket down with his RINO picks.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The two are not exclusive of each other.  Both conditions can be satisfied.  Florida electors simply don't vote.

Actually, Florida doesn't even have a faithless elector statute, so there isn't even a contradiction

Regardless, not voting is not an option anyway. The Constitution uses the word "shall", for electors voting, which makes it mandatory.  And here's all that Florida law says about it:

103.051 Congress sets meeting dates of electors.—The presidential electors shall, on the day that is directed by Congress and at the time fixed by the Governor, meet at Tallahassee and perform the duties required of them by the Constitution and laws of the United States.

To me, that's pretty damned clear that the electors have to vote, and it isn't even a tough question given the lack of a faithless elector statute in Florida. 

Florida's way of addressing the risk of faithless electors is to give the parties the right to select the electors, and to trust that the parties knew what they were doing when they picked those folks.  That leaves the electors with legal discretion when casting their votes, which actually works out really well for this particular scenario.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@corbe

ROFLMAO!

That must be why DeSanctimonious is so far ahead of Trump  in the polls now,huh?

Offline corbe

@corbe

ROFLMAO!

That must be why DeSanctimonious is so far ahead of Trump  in the polls now,huh?

It touches my Heart @sneakypete that I can make you Laugh, sincerely.  The last election that Trump won, 2016, at 18 months out and he was already IN, we were looking at Jeb as the Front runner by 45+ points.   
   Polls mean $hit at this point and I only post Threads about DeSantis polls to pi$$ you Trumpers off.  :beer:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
   It touches my Heart @sneakypete that I can make you Laugh, sincerely.  The last election that Trump won, 2016, at 18 months out and he was already IN, we were looking at Jeb as the Front runner by 45+ points.   
   Polls mean $hit at this point and I only post Threads about DeSantis polls to pi$$ you Trumpers off.  :beer:

DeSantis is going to make an announcement that he's suspending his campaign because things have gotten so bad so quickly that he's best suited to govern/guide Florida thru the coming turmoil.

You heard it here first.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Idiot

Trash DeSantis all you want BUT Trump can't possibly win the general election.  Prove me wrong.