Author Topic: Biden Moves to Slash Medicare Payments for Home Health Agencies  (Read 324 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Moves to Slash Medicare Payments for Home Health Agencies

Sean Moran 1 Jul 2023

President Joe Biden’s administration moved to slash Medicare payments for home health agencies on Friday, a move opposed by both Republicans and Democrats.

The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) proposed a rule that would reduce Medicare payments by 2.2 percent, or $375 million in 2024. The proposed cut means that home health agencies would have to take a 5.1 decrease of $870 million based on the assumption that the agencies altered their billing and coding activity to “maximize reimbursements in 2020 and 2021.”

Bloomberg noted that home health agencies provide care for patients in the care and convenience of the client’s home, especially for America’s seniors. Seniors usually prefer home health agencies over nursing home care.

In 2021, traditional Medicare spent $16.9 billion for home health services on behalf of about three million beneficiaries, the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission reported. Nearly 11,500 home health agencies participated in the Medicare program that year.

The Partnership for Quality Home Healthcare said that the cuts would exceed $18 billion over the next ten years and comes at a time when the industry faces rising costs and a lack of skilled nurses and patients.

CMS has made these cuts assuming it had made $2.1 billion in alleged overpayments. However, the Partnership said that CMS is using a flawed methodology to assess past overpayments.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/07/01/biden-moves-slash-medicare-payments-home-health-agencies/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Biden Moves to Slash Medicare Payments for Home Health Agencies
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2023, 05:20:53 pm »
Also from the article

Biden has also moved to cut Medicare Advantage, an increasingly popular option for American seniors.

The president has proposed these cuts to Medicare Advantage while he has frequently accused Republicans of wanting to slash Social Security and Medicare.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2023, 06:39:35 pm »
Also from the article

Biden has also moved to cut Medicare Advantage, an increasingly popular option for American seniors.

The president has proposed these cuts to Medicare Advantage while he has frequently accused Republicans of wanting to slash Social Security and Medicare.
Once again proving what a POS he is. I think anyone who cuts Medicare benefits, especially something like the wildly popular advantage plans is going to get pilloried by the very large segment of seniors whether they are republicans or democrats, well maybe one segment will continue to vote Biden/democrat....the chronically deceased. It's always shocking(sarcasm) that the one place democrats never look to cut is the unearned largess showered upon illegals by democrats at the expense of taxpayers and now the again targeting seniors.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2023, 06:42:33 pm »
Once again proving what a POS he is. I think anyone who cuts Medicare benefits, especially something like the wildly popular advantage plans is going to get pilloried by the very large segment of seniors whether they are republicans or democrats, well maybe one segment will continue to vote Biden/democrat....the chronically deceased. It's always shocking(sarcasm) that the one place democrats never look to cut is the unearned largess showered upon illegals by democrats at the expense of taxpayers and now the again targeting seniors.

Which is a VERY large signal that elections no longer concern them. @GtHawk
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2023, 06:47:30 pm »

888high58888  Yes, Brandon is a POS.  FJB!!

Slashing home health which is much cheaper than a nursing home or assisted living; yes, he' evil.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 06:59:53 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2023, 08:45:05 pm »
   HHC (Home Health Care) is rife with fraud.  Unfortunately, his edit will just aggravate the problem.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2023, 08:46:44 pm »
This is inevitable with socialized healthcare.